Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grounds you've been to Abroad?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
Nou Camp (on my honeymoon)

San Siro (18 months later with another bird when the marriage broke down)

and some place in Belgium. Too young to remember any thing other than the chips were really really good

Feb 9, 2011
Lancing
Den Haag v Albion friendly that was a hairy weekend anyone else at that

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Camp Nou, Fayenaud, Bayern Munich, Olympic Stadiums Berlin / Barcelona, Bernabau, NAC Breda, Amstel Arena, San Siro plus two crap ones in Portugal

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Used to watch Northern Spirit at North Sydney Oval. About as far removed from the Amex as you want. Except that, from memory, you could drink beer while watching.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Been in quite a few but best experience had to be AC v Inter. That place is like a zoo but great atmosphere. Got some photos somewhere 90 euros for 5 beers in the centre of Milan sticks in the mind a bit plus th car being broken into. Just happened to be in Switzerland so went to Zürich stadium when Chelsea lost to St Gallen in the Europe league around 2000/2001, St Gallens ground was to small.

SULLY COULDNT SHOOT

Loyal2Family+Albion!
Sep 28, 2004
Izmir, Southern Turkey
Quite a few.... about twenty in Turkey including the big three (not the new Galatasaray one yet), about ten in Poland and a few others notably in the last three years Red Star Belgrade and the Bosnian national stadium.

I have also had stones thrown at me at three different stadiums in three different countries.

daveinprague

Oct 1, 2009
Prague, Czech Republic
Den Haag v Albion friendly that was a hairy weekend anyone else at that

I lived in Den Haag, but their fans are a fecking nightmare...I used to go to Feyenoord..just as bad, but higher percentage of non nutters....visited Alkmaar, Ajax, NEC Nijmegan, Vitesse Arnhem,

Ive been to Santos in Brazil, Frankfurt, Dortmund, Royal Antwerp, Zizkov viktoria, Sparta Prague, Slavia, Bohemians, and more who grass and age forbids me from remembering.

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I should mention that I have actually played in a proper football stadium abroad several times. While living and working in Taipei I was the donkey centre half for the mighty Tien Mu B52s and we played in an ex-pat league. One of the other sides in the league used the Zhong Shan stadium which is where the national team (called Chinese Taipei like the Olympic team) played their home games. We also used to hire it for tournaments and train there on Thursday nights when the regular team that used it needed a few more subs paying players.

It holds 20,000. I never played in front of more than 60 and many of them were getting pissed on Taiwan Beer or vodka. It can also be translated as Chung Shan depending on the Western phonetic system you are using to transpose from characters but it means the same thing - Middle Hill or Middle Mountain Stadium.

Here it is in all it's glory.

Zhongshan_Soccer_Stadium.jpg

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Nantes
Parc des Princes
Stade de France
Saint Etienne
Toulouse
Hertha Berlin
Ajax (old one)
Verona (Bentegodi)
Inter (S Siro)
Porto
Bruges
Brussels
Charleroi
Copenhagen
Malmo
Hajduk Split
Sofia
Dortmund
Cologne
Celtic Park
Inverness
Peterhead (if they count)
Longford!
Galway
Athlone
Zurich
Basle/Basel/whatever
Geneva
Chicago, Soldier Field
Sydney Football Stadium

Probably best trip as a one-off occasion was Verona 3 Chievo 2, first city derby in Serie A. Verona came back from 0-2, 40,000 rammed in, atmosphere off the scale.

Noldi

Sep 5, 2010
Horsham
Found some pics

With a young Brazilian guy that worked with us he invited some friends along to see him working. thats how we got our tickets.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    958 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 12
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    949.1 KB · Views: 18
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    673.1 KB · Views: 15

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Only ever seen one game abroad: A very dull Feyenoord 0 - 0 Vitesse Arnhem

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
Been to a handful of Republic of Ireland games around Europe, but only foreign game I have been to (excluding League of Ireland) is Barcelona vs Bilbao, so another tick for the Nou Camp. I have a feeling I will remember another occasion almost straight after clicking "post".

Edit - knew it. Milan v Parma at the San Siro.

Bodular

Jul 9, 2012
Went to Sparta Prague 8 years ago on a stag, Walking up those steps to the stadium with a hangover was an absolute bitch.

We was all in the back row of second biggest stand going oooooooooohhhhh your shit arghhhhhhhhhhh hhhhh!! Much to the amusement of the home fans (scary looking fuckers they were).

Last edited:

chimneys

Jun 11, 2007
Charleroi, Belgium England V Romania Euro 2000
Stade De Luz, Lisbon England V Croatia Euro 2004
Ullevi, Gothenburg England V Sweden 04 Friendly
(+IFK Gothenburg v Rangers CL 99)
Cologne England V Sweden World Cup 2006
Millenium stadium Cardiff BHA v Bristol City(1st Div PO final 04)
Celtic Park Rangers v St Jonstone(Scot Cup semi 89)
Gamla Ullevi, Gothenburg IFK Gothenburg v ? (Swedish League 97)
Ajax, Amsterdam Ajax v Harleem (Dutch League 88)
Halmstad, Sweden HBK v (Swedish League 04)
(+HBK v Trelleborg (Swedish League 09) )
Le Havre Brighton v Le Havre (Friendly 05)
Wrexham
Swansea

I reckon Mr Blobby will beat us all!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here