Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ground share with Portsmouth

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
I was reading on ere that it was muted that you might have ground shared with Portsmouth during the end of the goldstone era.

Now the boot is on the other foot, would you ground share with them if the rent was £350k a year (or the salary of a half decent player)?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I was reading on ere that it was muted that you might have ground shared with Portsmouth during the end of the goldstone era.

Now the boot is on the other foot, would you ground share with them if the rent was £350k a year (or the salary of a half decent player)?

Yes but the planning permission on the ground would not allow it since we are restricted to the number of games we can play.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Now the boot is on the other foot, would you ground share with them
If it weren't for the planning problem, subject to the fee, yes (in principle).
if the rent was £350k a year
Er, no. So they'd get the gate fees and money spent on food etc? Our ground cost over £100m, I'd want a lot more than £350k.

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
Funny post, how many times were we in administration? The boot isn't on the other foot, this is like a different ball game

Dec 29, 2011
It's our home. They can do one as far as i'm concerned. That's only because it's Pompey though, it if t was a club I liked (Reading for example) I wouldn't mind too much.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Would you ground share with WHU at the Olympic Stadium ???

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
We paid Gillingham £30k per game I believe so I rather think £350K per year would be a bit cheap - in any case we can't and we would want all the money up front which they can't provide. Let them share with Bognor !

geodavies

Jan 8, 2012
Saltdean

Yeah right

ILIKECANDLES

Banned
Sep 1, 2010
We paid Gillingham £30k per game I believe so I rather think £350K per year would be a bit cheap - in any case we can't and we would want all the money up front which they can't provide. Let them share with Bognor !

I think people are getting focused on the figure which wasn't really my intention. Let's just say that whatever they paid paid the salary of a top player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here