Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Gross

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
This. Our set pieces are literally abysmal - the worst i can remember in years, we have to go back to the days of Micky Adams first spell with Watson whipping them in when we actually looked half decent

Oh for the days of Paul Watson... His delivery was insane

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He always surprises how he ghosts into great positions in the box, again on Sunday. Shame he couldn’t finish.

It always surprises how there are Albion fans who take against him.

Gotta wonder what more do these people want?
What are they expecting from The Albion?
What do they expect from football as a whole?

When an Albion fan belittles and demeans Groß I just assume football isn't real for them.

I cheer at every Groß turn.
Thanks to VAR, this season, I've cheered louder at a meaningless piece of skill on the halfway line, than I have actual goals.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
It always surprises how there are Albion fans who take against him.

Gotta wonder what more do these people want?
What are they expecting from The Albion?
What do they expect from football as a whole?

When an Albion fan belittles and demeans Groß I just assume football isn't real for them.

Thanks to VAR, this season, I've cheered louder at a meaningless piece of skill on the halfway line, than I have actual goals.

Some only look at FIFA to see how good a player is

See - no pace, therefore sh*t

gross 2.PNG

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Perfection from Pascal

[tweet]1372490712818675713[/tweet]

I've been marveling at the freekick, for the last couple of minutes.
Beautifully clipped.
The 'big boys' sell the training ground move to the defenders.
Then there's the backspin.
and finally
Laser guided accuracy.

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
So Burn may not be fit (or selected) at the weekend, meaning Veltman would drop into a back 3.

What's your thoughts on Gross starting in that right wing back spot he played for a while at Saints?

Would you prefer him in a midfield 3 with Bissouma and Lallana?

How about on the right in a 4-4-2?

Where do you think we can get the most out of him?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford

We don’t just cheer when he does it. We are disappointed if at least once per game, we don’t manage to call it, BEFORE he does it!

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
We don’t just cheer when he does it. We are disappointed if at least once per game, we don’t manage to call it, BEFORE he does it!

There's plenty of "oh, oh, oh" before the cheer.

Then I just turn into an over indulged fat kid who's parents have hired a magician for his 8th birthday party.

"do it again"
"do it again"

This was me in the 'Andone' Southampton game when their fullback didn't get humiliated by Pascal and even came away with the ball.

tenor.gif

The fact that I know exactly where and when that happened, but have no idea what I had for lunch yesterday, says it all.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways

The general comment is that he does it so often, why can't opposition defenders read it? The answer is that when he doesn't do it and instead puts in a cross, it's so deadly that the first instruction is to try and cut out that cross, irrespective of whether it's delivered or, alternatively, the action results in a Cruyff turn.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

Eric Youngs Contact Lens

Dec 9, 2020
East Sussex
So Burn may not be fit (or selected) at the weekend, meaning Veltman would drop into a back 3.

What's your thoughts on Gross starting in that right wing back spot he played for a while at Saints?

Would you prefer him in a midfield 3 with Bissouma and Lallana?

How about on the right in a 4-4-2?

Where do you think we can get the most out of him?

Cant see him playing RB in a 4, and even as a RWB in a 5.. needs must during the game, but to set up that way, I'm not so sure.. I think Alzate may start there, but knowing GP and penchant for surprises, Karbownik could be that man either?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here