Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimsby away a few years back - who was...

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
I bet considerably LESS people remember the away game to Grimsby the year after on Valentines Day.

jake robinsons first full start, with the LEGEND that was stuart jones in goal. happy days

incidentally, michael keane was released by rotherham in the summer - could do a job?

Jesus Gul

Feb 23, 2004
I bet considerably LESS people remember the away game to Grimsby the year after on Valentines Day.

remember it well (if it was the 2-1 defeat). was sat in the home end with the inlaws. had some old dick wipe behind moaning under his breath how I should ahve been ejected after celebrating the equalizer.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf

I do.

Keane was on loan from Preston at the time (the relegation match) and we got an apology from the Preston chairman.

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Indeed I do. I was one of the 300 or so hardy albion souls there. We lost 2-1 aqnd they had their keeper sent off if I remember correctly.
And our keeper (Jones) was pushed over the line (slid in the mud) with the ball and the ref allowed the goal. :angry:

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Ah I remember that one.

It started to rain when we got off the train at Cleethorpes station at midday and it stopped raining when we got on the train at Grimsby to head back to Doncaster.

Spent most of the pre-match in the Smugglers, which had nice new windows, due to an incident in there the previous May...

Most memorable bit of the game was finding a bar at half time, which was showing vague highlights of the first half, which had a block commentating and rewinding the play to show the goals.

Oh and buying booze for the journey home from Rythm and Booze.

CRACKING goalkeeping on display if I remember rightly.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
CRACKING goalkeeping on display if I remember rightly.

Ahh Stuart Jones, a member of the long list of inadequate goalkeeping loans we have every year

Pederson, Yedell, Flitney, the Swedish world cup ex Arsenal keeper.

Cant wait to see who we get this season.

We could do worse lee wogan at Hastings United, ex Wales under 21

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here