Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grimsby away a few years back - who was...

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
...the twat face who gave it the large "going down" bit in front of us when they scored a penalty?

I can never remember - I seem to think it was Craig Fagan? But someone has said recently it was John Oster (who was on loan there at the time)...

I definitely remember him scarpering sharpish when he realised he nearly incited a riot.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
Keane, can't remember first name

Michael Keane - a nasty nasty man, as is Kevin Nicholls who scored apenalty against us for Luton and then ran to us and mouthed Faggots - what big man

and the fish and chips was sickly in cleethorpes - a bit of a crappy day that one

Last edited:

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
yeah , the fat pie munching druggie wasn't so happy when he got it done right back to him start of last season though funnily enough

weird that :)

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
_39176439_keane_emp.jpg

c*nt!

Faldo

Jul 7, 2003
Ah yes - Michael Keane. Of course it was...

Cheers folks... will reserve my vitriol going forward.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
and the fish and chips was sickly in cleethorpes - a bit of a crappy day that one
A lot of the chippies are well dodgy as they are used to the tourist/football trade so they dont cater for the locals and you are eating all the crap left over from the night before. Your stomach becomes accustomed after a few years living up north to digest the fish and chips that are fried with beef dripping. When they do a post mortem on residents in Grimsby and Cleethorpes they work out the percentage of lard found in the body (lbmi - lard to body mass index)

Yoda

English & European
Looking back on it, it was a shame that someone like Danny Cullip didn't see him doing it. The cackbadger would have been on the floor faster than Gary Glitter in a school playground.

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
I bet considerably LESS people remember the away game to Grimsby the year after on Valentines Day.

Ah I remember that one.

It started to rain when we got off the train at Cleethorpes station at midday and it stopped raining when we got on the train at Grimsby to head back to Doncaster.

Spent most of the pre-match in the Smugglers, which had nice new windows, due to an incident in there the previous May...

Most memorable bit of the game was finding a bar at half time, which was showing vague highlights of the first half, which had a block commentating and rewinding the play to show the goals.

Oh and buying booze for the journey home from Rythm and Booze.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
A lot of the chippies are well dodgy as they are used to the tourist/football trade so they dont cater for the locals and you are eating all the crap left over from the night before. Your stomach becomes accustomed after a few years living up north to digest the fish and chips that are fried with beef dripping. When they do a post mortem on residents in Grimsby and Cleethorpes they work out the percentage of lard found in the body (lbmi - lard to body mass index)

cant get into that beef dripping thing, seagulls, feathered kind had a good feed that day.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Michael Keane played against us for Crewe, in those 2 games we lost 3-1 in quick succession if I remember rightly. Got plenty of stick from us at Gresty Road. When he came to Withdean with them I was in G Block, so it was very quiet.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
He was in the Rotherham side which we beat 1-0 away late in the first Championship season as well, if I recall, probably on loan. Plenty of us reminding him of what he did that day, too.

I didn't understand Nicholls' reaction to scoring at Luton - wasn't he on loan with us from Charlton for a bit? And I don't recall him getting any stick from us before he scored, at least not from the section I was in. Just a :tosser: perhaps.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here