Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greyhounds

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Over the past few months I have had people ask about joining the Northstand chat dogs syndicate, which regretably is closed to new members, if there was some interest from enough people a second syndicate could be started, the NSC syndicate has been going for nearly 2 years and we have now got 3 dogs running, the syndicate members have all become pretty close friends and it has become a good social thing for us.
If anyone is interested please PM me, ideally a minimum of 10 people are required, this keeps the cost down and is enough to purchase a good quality dog.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
What is the initial outlay and aprox weekly costs?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
I know you have your own forum for the greyhounds but could you give us a v.brief update on how you're all getting on. Do the winnings balance the books?

Well in nearly 2 years of the syndicate we have only lost 1 person and we all get along really good, the books balance very well, we pay no more than we did from day 1, we started off with 1 dog which was the original outlay and since then from the winnings of that dog and from our monthly subs we have added 2 more dogs and the bank has always been well in credit, your welcome to ask any of the other syndicate members to get their take on it.
Hope this helps.

imissworthing2

Mar 15, 2008
In the Valleys
Nice one, I must admit one dull friday night I did read all your forum from day one, its a good read. How are the dogs coming along? I can't remember how many classes/quality of races they have all gone up in?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Nice one, I must admit one dull friday night I did read all your forum from day one, its a good read. How are the dogs coming along? I can't remember how many classes/quality of races they have all gone up in?

Well our first dog albion Flyer went from A8 upto A3 in No time at all, A3 is his Max level so her hovers upto A4 then down to A6 then back up again, Albion Star our second dog is a Bitch with no speed but one of the best bred dogs at hove and is a stayer, although since she came back in season in last 8 races has won twice second 5 times and 3rd once, she has won an open maiden race over 695m and has run at Romford in an open race, the plan for her is to go long distance marathons.
Our latest recruit Albion Legend is still young and has only run 13 times has won 3 and is running in A5 and is on the upgrade.
This week the syndicate got an invite to take the 3 dogs to the Amex for a photo shoot we had a great day. Also when the dogs run at the track because of the Albion link they get a great following and also the track love having us there.

scooter1

How soon is now?
I can only agree with Prawnsarnies here. Its been great fun being involved in the syndicate, as he says we all get along. Those of us that are local get down to the track as much as we can, and its been good. The roar when an Albion dog wins is great. Prawnsarnies, although not the originator of the syndicate is the glue that holds it all together. He visits the kennels and is our first point of contact for anything dog related - its all good.
And I have to state this as to me its important. We all agreed at the outset that the dogs welfare was always our primary concern. There are always at least 2 syndicate members who would be willing to house a dog if we needed to retire one, but as it stands we've got 3 good dogs - all bargains and all healthy.

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
I was tempted by this at the time, wish I did now.

How much do we need to invest?

prawnsarnies

Jan 20, 2010
Hi guys.
We have 5 people interested now, ideally 10 needed to keep the costs to a minimum.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here