Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gregg Wylde

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
I think the players rejected the cut because the proposal was for 1-month to be reviewed at the end of March. I believe that it was rejected because even accepting the cut would not have had the necessary impact and the players wanted a more long-term solution.

Oh and fair play to both players.

The Stout Yeoman

Master Farter
Aug 14, 2003
59 Le Petomane Boulevard
I think the players rejected the cut because the proposal was for 1-month to be reviewed at the end of March. I believe that it was rejected because even accepting the cut would not have had the necessary impact and the players wanted a more long-term solution.

Oh and fair play to both players.

Sky news mentioned earlier that there are potential financial irregularities releating to player contracts dating back six years(?) .... also mentioned that six league titles "could" be stripped from Rangers

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Not alot of people saying we should get him? I think he's a decent player and I think we should atleast try and sign him.

Although we have Buckley, Noone and LuaLua.

Bhafc11

Nov 24, 2011
20 year-old Rangers midfielder, who offered to resign from the club without any form of pay off.

Wylde told BBC Scotland on Tuesday: "I volunteered to walk with no redundancy package today to help the other people in the club who have families, like the kitchen staff.

"I offered to walk away yesterday and the club told me today that they would accept that offer.

"At the moment I have nowhere to go and I don't have another club.

"I don't know what is going to happen next but I thought it was important to play my part in saving Rangers."

Massive respect to him IMHO. Not guaranteed to get another contract somewhere else, but had the decency to realise that others at the club are in a worse position.

A good counter-balance to some of the more idiotic and selfish footballers around.

A :thumbsup: from me.

His not a bad player, seen him couple times on the TV and my friend is a Rangers fan and rates him well.. Could be a good signing on a free? I know we have enough wingers and midfielders.

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
Not alot of people saying we should get him? I think he's a decent player and I think we should atleast try and sign him.

Although we have Buckley, Noone and LuaLua.

The thing is that Gus will only go for someone if they offer something different which I'm not sure he does. He'd need to be better than what we've got. I'm not saying he isnt better but most of our Scottish signings (Greer excepted) have hardly filled me with confidence.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Joint administrator David Whitehouse said on Tuesday night that they had been unable to agree to "personal conditions sought by the advisors to the players" but they hoped to solve those issues "first thing in the morning".

However, it is believed that the main condition some players were looking for was a guarantee that no workers at Rangers would lose their jobs if they agreed to the cuts. Other issues are thought to have included stipulations over transfers.

Lot of respect for the Rangers Players, shows not all players are greedy and self serving!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here