Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Greg Clarke FA education 101.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
Not many complained in the ‘60s when black people were given exclusive use of beaches.
5850290F-967B-4CC3-80E3-2B3C2A1F0905.jpeg

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
It's a minefield out there , I was told in no uncertain terms my gay friend isn't actually gay anymore, but queer ! .

Now I'm getting on in years but I was told growing up not to use the queer word when speaking about gay people.

Actually never mind I'm getting confused myself.

knocky1

Jan 20, 2010
It's a minefield out there , I was told in no uncertain terms my gay friend isn't actually gay anymore, but queer ! .

Now I'm getting on in years but I was told growing up not to use the queer word when speaking about gay people.

Actually never mind I'm getting confused myself.

The word is curious not confused.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Interesting point on the Totally Football Show re people saying it's understandable because of his age. He's not really that old, he's younger than 3 members of New Order.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let’s just hope that Alex Scott gets the job.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
Does anyone know why coloured is offensive? I've known since primary school in the 90s not to use it, but never asked why.

I don't think I've heard it used in a derogatory context before, as opposed to all the obvious insults.

If coloured is so wrong, why is "people of colour" ok?

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Does anyone know why coloured is offensive? I've known since primary school in the 90s not to use it, but never asked why.

I don't think I've heard it used in a derogatory context before, as opposed to all the obvious insults.

If coloured is so wrong, why is "people of colour" ok?

Yes, the offensive implication I have heard is that it infers they are white and then coloured in.

When I was younger I was told black was offensive but coloured was the word to use.

That has now gone full circle - it has been explained on radio 4 that black is now OK but other terms ( including BAME ) are offensive.

I've given up trying to keep up and just ( other than this post ) don't bother talking about it.

cunning fergus

NSC Patron
Jan 18, 2009
So if you come from a single parent family you are doomed to fail, and if you’re black you might as well just join the local gang and take to a life of crime...

When did Greg Clarke get an NSC profile?

I didn’t say that, you are the one drawing that conclusion.

I am merely referencing the comments by Greg Clarke that different ethnic groups have different aspirations, which MAY be driven by their domestic environments........from the HM Govt stats.

18.9% of Black households were made up of a single parent with dependent children, the highest percentage out of all ethnic groups for this type of household; the lowest percentage was found among Asian households, at 5.7%

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...y/demographics/families-and-households/latest

Guess which ethnic group consistently achieves academic success, even amongst pupils on free school meals?

You seem good at drawing conclusions so I will leave it there.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patron
Jan 30, 2008

I am merely referencing the comments by Greg Clarke that different ethnic groups have different aspirations, which MAY be driven by their domestic environments........from the HM Govt stats.

18.9% of Black households were made up of a single parent with dependent children, the highest percentage out of all ethnic groups for this type of household; the lowest percentage was found among Asian households, at 5.7%

https://www.ethnicity-facts-figures...y/demographics/families-and-households/latest

Guess which ethnic group consistently achieves academic success, even amongst pupils on free school meals?

Keep going nearly there

Regards

DF

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
Yes, the offensive implication I have heard is that it infers they are white and then coloured in.

When I was younger I was told black was offensive but coloured was the word to use.

That has now gone full circle - it has been explained on radio 4 that black is now OK but other terms ( including BAME ) are offensive.

I've given up trying to keep up and just ( other than this post ) don't bother talking about it.

You haven't really answered both parts of the question. I understand why the word coloured is deemed to be unacceptable but that doesn't explain why 'people of colour' is acceptable. As I see it, either both are acceptable or both are unacceptable. Can't really have it both ways.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
You haven't really answered both parts of the question. I understand why the word coloured is deemed to be unacceptable but that doesn't explain why 'people of colour' is acceptable. As I see it, either both are acceptable or both are unacceptable. Can't really have it both ways.

Coloured was a categorisation in apartheid South Africa

darkwolf666

Nov 8, 2015
Sittingbourne, Kent

So do those products of single parent families fail because...

a) they are from single parent families?
b) because they are black?
c) because people put A&B together and make racist assumptions?

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
So do those products of single parent families fail because...

a) they are from single parent families?
b) because they are black?
c) because people put A&B together and make racist assumptions?
So, you're happy to take some demonstrable facts from HM Government, and then on the strength of those facts, stereotype people as failures accordingly. Bang on!

Asian and Afro-Carribean people are statistically more at risk from Covid 19 than white people; that is also a fact. Guess Covid 19 must be a racist virus, eh? - or is it just racist to notice that factual statistic?

Kindly note that nobody is making any assumptions from these factual stats; they are what they are, just stats.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here