Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greer

Lincolnshire Seagull

Jul 9, 2009
These personal attacks on a fellow Albion supporter seem a bit harsh. And actually Greer did make a few mistakes today. But he is a better player than Elphick.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
NSC Patron
Jan 7, 2006
Posted when I just left the ground so slightly in the heat of the moment but today Greer was woeful. A Colin Hawkins-esque performance. The defence looked so much better with El-Abd and Elphick at the heart of it. Elphick was dropped previously because of a poor performance so Greer should be dropped after today.

clarkey

Jan 3, 2006
Posted when I just left the ground so slightly in the heat of the moment but today Greer was woeful. A Colin Hawkins-esque performance. The defence looked so much better with El-Abd and Elphick at the heart of it. Elphick was dropped previously because of a poor performance so Greer should be dropped after today.

So what was the CB pairing when we went on our run of 6/7ish consecutive clean sheets?

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Greer has looked class most of the time, but today was not his best performance. The first goal I thought was down to him; the job of a centre half is to pick up his forward, not let him get in front of him for a free header. Long term, of course Elphick is not in his class, but I can understand his frustration, especially as Greer was rather poor at Hartlepool too. Prepared to be shot down in flames, but the best players can have poor games. Just worrying if it becomes more than one or two.

Bean

Feb 13, 2010
Hove
Oh get a grip. Just because he wasn't at his best today doesn't mean he should be dropped? He's been absolutely quality before today, one of the best if not THE best CB in the league.

alan partridge

Jul 7, 2003
Linton Travel Tavern
Greer is the best centre ha;f in lg 1 - maybe u were listening to the live screen commentary and don't actually know who Greer is? Everytime he won it he was called BIRDcutt and often Murray and Dicker were called GREER. Perhaps that's your problem? Or you just know nothing about football or centre backs...

what are you on about?? Murray was Greer! ;)

edit : durrr, just seen you already pointed that out

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
I think most of the goals we were conceding before Greer came back in the team were Elphicks "fault" and Wokings first goal in the replay.

Give me Greer anytime or even Dunk over Elphick.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Donkey.

Bring back Elphick.

I can only assume you mean he's hung like one, but that throws up 2 further questions.

1. How do you know?
2. Why should that mean we drop him?

It really is not a handicap for a player, as Keith Dublin was a pretty good player.

MikeySmall

Jul 7, 2003
BRIGHTON
I can only assume you mean he's hung like one, but that throws up 2 further questions.

1. How do you know?
2. Why should that mean we drop him?

It really is not a handicap for a player, as Keith Dublin was a pretty good player.

As a young lad I always thought that Dublin would play alot better if he played 'without his f***ing head up his arse". Well thats what someone used to shout at him nearly every game I saw.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
As a young lad I always thought that Dublin would play alot better if he played 'without his f***ing head up his arse". Well thats what someone used to shout at him nearly every game I saw.....

Can't say I ever saw him do that particular move.

Always dangerous forming an opinion of a player based on what someone by you shouts. God help anyone who is influenced by my inane rants from week to week.

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
The only two poor games Greer has had were Hartlepool and Huddersfield - which we both lost. On form, he is the best of the four as shown by the results when he plays well.

Elphick is prone to give away free kicks on the edge of the box (and penalties).

No contest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here