Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greens praise the Albion

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003

I'm curious how they define "Sustainable transport" - it just seems to be anti-car according to that. Surely a car wih 4 people in it, is more sustainable than a bus with 1 person.
There's only ONE form of transport that consumes absolutely NONE of the world's resources ...

... swimming in the nude.

seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011
There's only ONE form of transport that consumes absolutely NONE of the world's resources ...

Maybe we should let Gully's Girls race the Crystals to put this theory to the test

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004

You have to eat something to get the energy to swim.

(though not too soon before)

doubt many buses going up to Falmer on a matchday only have one person on them tbh.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
I'm curious how they define "Sustainable transport" - it just seems to be anti-car according to that. Surely a car wih 4 people in it, is more sustainable than a bus with 1 person.
It's an interesting point. I notice that they don't count Park 'n' Ride as 'sustainable' and I guess that is simply for dogmatic reasons - Park 'n' Ride does require car parks after all and transport management isn't one of the Greens strong suits.

Having said that I can 'sort of' accept it. With regard to getting to Albion games I've never understood why driving, parking and getting on a diesel-swilling, fume-producing bus is considered 'good', but driving, parking and walking is 'bad'. There's no environmental reason for it.

brighton bluenose

Jan 6, 2006
Nicollet & 66th
It's an interesting point. I notice that they don't count Park 'n' Ride as 'sustainable' and I guess that is simply for dogmatic reasons - Park 'n' Ride does require car parks after all and transport management isn't one of the Greens strong suits.

Having said that I can 'sort of' accept it. With regard to getting to Albion games I've never understood why driving, parking and getting on a diesel-swilling, fume-producing bus is considered 'good', but driving, parking and walking is 'bad'. There's no environmental reason for it.

A 'communist' criticising anyone for dogma is surely the irony of the day!

But seriously and more to the point park and ride isn't so much about being environmentally-friendly but more the traffic management (whether into the city or to the stadium) that you sneer at the Greens about!!

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
A 'communist' criticising anyone for dogma is surely the irony of the day!

But seriously and more to the point park and ride isn't so much about being environmentally-friendly but more the traffic management (whether into the city or to the stadium) that you sneer at the Greens about!!
But the Greens won't provide any Park 'n' Ride sites for the city as they believe it 'encourages car use'. They just wring their hands and moan about 'the traffic in Brighton'. And matchday traffic management would be easier if traffic, instead of being funnelled to three sites (which are not idea but were chosen simply because that's all that were available) could also spread itself 'organically' over a larger area. That obviously is a complete no-no, hence the mantra of "Park 'n' Ride good, Park 'n' Walk bad."

We need massive great out-of-town Park 'n' Ride sites. All those who disagree will be rounded up and shot ...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here