Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Greene King must be stopped !

Screaming J

He'll put a spell on you
Jul 13, 2004
Exiled from the South Country
I've heard via e-mail that Greedy King are threatening to take Harveys out of the Lewes Arms as
the price has gone up.

There's going to be a petition in the pub for people to sign - what other excuse do you need?

Dandyman

In London village.
Yet another reason why Greene King are regarded as scumbags by much of the real ale world.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
:nono: :nono:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
The Lewes Arms without Harvey's is against the natural order of things.

Outrageous.

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
I'll be in the Lewes Arms Friday lunch time. Will report back, if I remember...

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
colinpants said:
Green king stings your ring la la la la la.

I can certainly back up that statement. I had a duff pint of Abbot in a pub near Stansted Airport once. Needless to say I spent almost the whole of the next day sat atop the porcelain throne. IPA is vile too - far too stuffed with hop oil, just like Bishop's Finger, another pint to be avoided. And they have killed off Old Speckled Hen since they took over and closed Morland's. Okay, they still brew it, but it isn't the same beer.

jevs

Mar 24, 2004
Preston Rock Garden
My local is the Tally Ho in Lewes and that's been GK for a while. Their bitter is puke and their guest ale.....their one and only guest ale called Moorlands original tastes like PVA glue.

Think i might start going up the Elly to watch the football

Dandyman

In London village.
Easy 10 said:
Switch to LAGER then, you bunch of homo's.

*lights fuse*

Lager is for QUEERS.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Dandyman said:
Lager is for QUEERS.
Say that to my FACE then RANDYMAN
oh sorry, you won't be able to will you, cos you'll be too busy trying to BUM me

Grendel

Jul 28, 2005
Seaford
jevs said:
Their bitter is puke and their guest ale.....their one and only guest ale called Moorlands original tastes like PVA glue.

Morlands is brewed by Greene King these days.

On the subject of this thread, there are two sides to every story. Harveys have had several opportunities to buy the Lewes Arms from Greene King. Greene King have even approached Harveys offering to sell it to them, and Harveys turned it down. I'm not a Greene King fan by any means, but Harveys had their chance with this one and blew it.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Dandyman said:
Lager is for QUEERS.
And GIRLS. And TEENAGERS. It's a good training drink but eventually, if you're a real man, you'll end up drinking Harveys.

Easy 10 won't be able to answer 'cos he's in the CAR PARK being beaten up by the MORRIS DANCERS.

Dandyman

In London village.
Easy 10 said:
Say that to my FACE then RANDYMAN
oh sorry, you won't be able to will you, cos you'll be too busy trying to BUM me

Nah, I'm going to PIMP you to some passing LibDem delegates, SLEAZY TEN and provide them with a free pillow for you to chew on.

Dandyman

In London village.
Brovian said:
And GIRLS. And TEENAGERS. It's a good training drink but eventually, if you're a real man, you'll end up drinking Harveys.

Easy 10 won't be able to answer 'cos he's in the CAR PARK being beaten up by the MORRIS DANCERS.

The big lager sipping POOFTER.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here