Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

greek island holiday recommendations please good people

H block

Jul 10, 2003
Worthing
Kephalonia is beautiful.............. the mountain coastal roads are breathtaking and the capital argostoli is a working town so it has a nice feel to it.You might even see the turtles in the harbour.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Re: Re: greek island holiday recommendations please good people

Croydonbloke said:
I`m going to Halkidiki in June and the reports I have had are that it is very quiet and good for families.

Pikey alert, Halkidiki, June.

:lolol:

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
have been to santorini - stayed at Perivolos. The appartments were called the Villa Eleftheria - booked through Manos. They are excellent

- Great flights with excel

- short transfer from airport

- good pool and pool area (great with kids)

- very close to beach (50 yards) black volcanic sand

- 1km from Perissa (bigger resort but still unspoilt)

- loads of good tavernas within 10 min walking distance (about 15)

- easy cab or drive to capital (Thira)

- not too many brits

Thoroughly recommend it.

Wife has been to many greek islands and says that Skiathos is her top choice.

Last year went to Parga on mainland. Both there and Lefkas (a kind of island linked to mainland by causeway) are good (again not loads of brits - especially Parga which is where italians and greeks go on hols). Again went with Manos (they do great Greek holidays).

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
paulie said:
We stayed on the cliff edge in between the two hills in your photo. Stunning views of the ferries coming across the water in the mornings and incredible sunsets at night.
Couldn't you afford a HOTEL then, you palace scum PIKEY ?

(sorry, did that sound harsh ?)

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Molyvos in Lesbos, unbeatable, Paxos is nice as well. cant believe someone said KOS Town, it was full of drunken club 18-30 oinks when i was there and full of english bars and fish and chips, worst place in Greece I have even been.

BobbySmith

Oct 25, 2004
Worthing
Agreed Simon, sadly been there 5 times, went there first 25 years ago before it got an airport, its got a bit more commercial, but love the tavernas on the castle hill and the harbour, also lovely people and really greek.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
afters said:
looking for a one-week break somewhere quiet, no discos, no drunken northerners, no fat essex girls.

any recommendations please folks?

Have a look at Pefkos on Rhodes. Went there on a "lads" holiday and was bored shitless ! Be good for families I guess.

simonsimon

Dec 31, 2004
Quote by Bobby Smith.
"Agreed Simon, sadly been there 5 times, went there first 25 years ago before it got an airport, its got a bit more commercial, but love the tavernas on the castle hill and the harbour, also lovely people and really greek."

Were you selling stolen Getto- Blasters to the locals 25 yrs ago?.

:smokin: :smokin: :smokin:

northstandnorth

THE GOLDSTONE
Oct 13, 2003
A272 at 85 mph
rhodes is a fantastic destination,we went to lardos a small village near lindos(famous for its roman remains,its donkeys and being the home of rick wright,pink floyds keyboard player)
lardos is a really relaxing place but near enough to rhodes town,well worth the visit to shop,to explore the massive walled cityor watch the boats in the harbour,food is great,people are friendly and the falaraki sort are easy to ignore.
also from rhodes harbour you can get a ferry or fast hydrofoil to turkey if you fancy a day trip(its about 8 miles away).

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
See-Goals said:
I would recommend Skiathos. I went 3 summers ago, loads of greek people holidayingthere. Koukanaries beach is amazing and there is a beautiful beach off the beaten track called little banana, don't get it mixed up with big banana beach - appropriately named for a nudee beach :eek:

The only downside is Skiathos has one of the smallest runways in europe - the start and end back directly on to the sea and I've never been on a flight where the pilot kicks in the reverse thrust before we even touched down! Its brown pants stuff.

Short runway and no bloody lifts to get your girlfriend and her broken leg onto the plane.
:lolol:

Beautiful beaches as you say. Saw quite literally the "grand canyon" cut through one as the main road became a river after the rain, and cut its way down to the sea.

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
There is a good restaurant on the cliff in Skiathos, an old renovated Windmill.

I was talking to the English owner in a bar just before my girlfriend broke her leg.

He had another job at the airport, working for an airline guiding passengers to and from the planes.

Coincidently I bumped into him again as I took my girlfriend across the tarmac in the wheelchair I borrowed from a German tour operator.

They used to do a funny thing in Skiathos. They dump your luggage in a restuarant garden a good 150 yards from the airport. Don't let your girlfriend break her leg because you'll have to leave her on the tarmac whilst you make two trips to collect it.

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
I've been to Corfu, Zante, Kos, Helkadiki, Crete & Rhodes

All very nice, all very similar - I've never had a bad time in Greece.
But you will have to make allowances for their culture as they are laid back beyond the horizontal - nice people and they love the English.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The southern half of Crete is amazing. FACT.

desprateseagull

Jul 20, 2003
brighton, actually
crete...

rythamon (sp?) in northern crete was very quiet- a small fishing village with a couple of bar/ restaurants, small touristy shops, that was it!

a sandy beach to the side, you realy needed a car to get anywhere else- buses could be (an were!) unreliable..

larger (better?) hotels further west long the coast road... avoid he summer months (spring/autumn may be easier on the skin & pocket..?)

very relaxing, as i gave up trying to translate the cyrillic road signs, and just kicked back in the local taverna.

the locals are very friendly (in a nice way!) to kids.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here