seagullondon

Mar 15, 2011

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
OK, when I say seen, I've only seen these on the tellybox:

Arsenal 5-3 Middlesbrough. 2004-5
All Arsenal for the first half. Only 1-0 up after 40 mins. Then Middlesbrough get three goals out of nothing. Then it's the Arses' turn to mount a breathtaking comeback.

Ajax 2-0 Inter, 1972
Probably the most one-sided European Cup final ever in terms of possession. Inter retreated to their own penalty area in the first minute and stayed there for almost the whole game, completely overrun by the Dutch flairniacs.

England 3-6 Hungary 1953
Watching the English defenders hopelessly backpedalling in the first half emphasised how the balance of power had shifted. Wolstenholme said a colleague had remarked to him: "There's a lot of hulabuloo about these Hungarians. England will win!" Yeah, right.

pottert

Aug 12, 2009
Peacehaven
Albion 2 Ipswich 1 1991,Albion needing a win to get into the playoffs.1.1 going into the last minute when dean Wilkins curls in a free kick to send the goldstone crazy.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Live, it's got to be the 4-4 with Orient in 97.

On the telly, probably an FA Cup tie between Spurs and Man City a few years ago. Think that also ended 4-4 after Tottenham were 4-0 up at half-time.

This was recently on ESPN. Spurs were 3-0 up at half-time and Man City had Joey Barton sent off during the interval. The Man City won 4-3 without even the need for extra-time! Brilliant. I wonder what Keegan said at half-time. Poyet played for Spurs in that match.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember Luton 3-5 Liverpool in the FA Cup with Alonso's goal from his own half? I think Luton were 3-1 up at one stage.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
Anyone remember Liverpool v Newcastle at Anfield 2 seasons running back in the 90's? Liverpool won both matches 4-3 with the winning goals scored in stoppage time both times.

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Anyone remember Liverpool v Newcastle at Anfield 2 seasons running back in the 90's? Liverpool won both matches 4-3 with the winning goals scored in stoppage time both times.

Amazing matches.

What was that Premier league game that ended 7-4 a few years back?

Seagull27

Feb 7, 2011
Bristol
Anyone remember Luton 3-5 Liverpool in the FA Cup with Alonso's goal from his own half? I think Luton were 3-1 up at one stage.

That was the one I was going to say! Liverpool then went on to win the cup with a cracker of a final against West Ham. Anyone remember that wonder goal by Gerrard to win it?

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Oh and even though it was the most one sided game I have ever seen, Barca 5 - 0 Real Madrid this year was probably the best football I have ever seen played by any team ever, so thats got to be up there.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Best on the tv has got to be for me England 5-1 Germany.

Best live has got to be Brighton 3-0 Peterborough this year. We were really something else that day, close 2nd is Brighton 6-2 Torquay IIRC, Zamora hattrick and a beast turning shot.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Oh and even though it was the most one sided game I have ever seen, Barca 5 - 0 Real Madrid this year was probably the best football I have ever seen played by any team ever, so thats got to be up there.

Yep best team performance ever (especially when you consider the opponents), I would buy a DVD of this game if I found it.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
On the telly, probably an FA Cup tie between Spurs and Man City a few years ago. Think that also ended 4-4 after Tottenham were 4-0 up at half-time.

Not quite.
Spurs were 3-0 up at half time with City also down to 10 men after Barton was sent off just before the interval (quelle surprise).
10-men City then went on to score 4 times in the 2nd half to win the game 4-3 (in the 90). It remains to this day the GREATEST comeback I have ever seen, and pisses on Liverpool scavenging a penalty shootout.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here