Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great work from the coalition

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is expected that latest figures will show that the excellent work from our coalition government has turned the UK economy round and we are in growth territory once again.

Well done to all involved. (That doesn't include Milliband, Balls and the other loony lefts.)

Tory Boy

Jun 14, 2004
Brighton
And well done to the Gov for putting an upper limit on the amount of our cash given to those not working.

There are too many work shy lazy lumps sitting around taken the piss out of those of us that pay our way.

TB

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Interesting (and less positive) comparison between the post crisis performance of the UK and US here:
http://krugman.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/10/24/the-economic-consequences-of-mr-osborne/?smid=fb-share

Or a more in-depth version of the same thing here:
http://www.voxeu.org/article/fact-checking-financial-recessions-us-uk-update

Interesting and shows that not only are we not coming out of recession quickly but per capita earnings are still falling. In other words the working and middle classes are getting poorer while the richer are getting richer. Personally I am really shocked...

vegster

Sanity Clause
May 5, 2008
It is expected that latest figures will show that the excellent work from our coalition government has turned the UK economy round and we are in growth territory once again.

Well done to all involved. (That doesn't include Milliband, Balls and the other loony lefts.)

Oh jolly good, glad that's all sorted out nicely for the middle and upper classes. The rest of us, subsisting on or about the minimum wage with no pay rises for the last few years and none expected in the near future, will have to be grateful that we are serving more coffee or sausage rolls and that our jobs in Poundland are slightly more secure.

Meantime the movers and shakers and national and international companies are avoiding tax like never before and boosting the economies of Luxembourg, Guernsey Switzerland.....

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
If the growth expected does show, it'll be in spite of the "worst chancellor in living memory". I think even his own party know that

Sour grapes......... but I am sure the Mirror reading masses will find plenty of other spurious reasons to criticise and go on strike.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
9.30.am ,
Due + 0.6% q/q

Thanks. I know I've worked in the city a long time (only in IT, but still), but I've yet to find a decent daily events schedule for the city, e.g. US non-farm figures, UK GDP etc. Would be useful if only for my FTSE spread betting.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Wouldn't trust the coalition to tell me the time by my own wristwatch.

Please can we get rid ?

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Some of the media are claiming that the 'Olympic effect' has got us out of recession. If we accept this to be true, the real test will be the results for the current quarter. I'm not celebrating yet - Birmingham City Council, right on my doorstep, are planning 1000 redundancies. Meaning more people, fighting over fewer jobs in my neck of the woods.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Wouldn't trust the coalition to tell me the time by my own wristwatch.

Please can we get rid ?

Much as I agree with you the others are no better we really are screwed for decent alternatives. Politics in general needs a real change not the spin driven bull they keep repeating.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
So far so good but as [MENTION=4472]strings[/MENTION] says, we need to examine the results after the Olympic quarter. And what happens when the cuts start to take hold? They will throttle the recovery, I suspect.

And let's not forget we still haven't seen the affect of most proposed cuts yet, because, as you'll recall, this government is incapable of decision making without u-turning on just about every policy.

Was not Was

Loitering with intent
Jul 31, 2003
Currently stroking my chin trying to work out if [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] means this, or is indulging in some clever satire, with a payoff at some point in the future ... We may never know.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here