Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Tributes

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
David Di Tommaso:
'A charming and happy person'
Wednesday 30 November, 2005

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tributes have been flowing in for French footballer David Di Tommaso, who died in his sleep aged 26 on Monday night. A former France Under-21 international defender, Di Tommaso represented Sedan and Monaco before signing for Dutch club Utrecht in 2004. The cause of his death is not yet known.

Di Tomasso tributes

Pascal Urano (Sedan President):
“I am stunned and stupefied. Really sad. He played for us for three-and-a-half years before moving to Utrecht. He was a real family man. I remember when he came to sign a contract with us he was here with his father. He was extremely well educated. I am all the more surprised by his brutal death because he had an amazing physique. He was hardly ever injured. Obviously the club will be honouring his memory.”

Stéphane Noro (Sedan midfielder):
“I learned this sad news through Hamada Jambay. I am struggling to get my head around it. He died when he was in peak form, at a time when he was playing every weekend. It’s sad and hard to believe. I’ll always have the image of super guy, cool and really pleasant.”

Patrick Regnault (Sedan goalkeeper):
“I don’t believe it. It’s not possible. I’m so shaken by this I don’t know what to say. He was a great mate.”

Julien Escudé (Ajax defender):
“He played for Utrecht against Ajax at the weekend, a game that I didn’t take part in. I was injured so I didn’t make the trip – he was fit and he played the whole game. He played well too. We used to meet up regularly. I even called him shortly before the match. He was in good condition and, as far as I am aware, he had no health concerns. With his spirit and his desire to improve, he fitted in very well at Utrecht. He was really popular figure with the fans and they voted him player of the year last season.”

Richard Conte (Monaco director of relations):
"It is with great sadness that we heard about David’s death. He arrived at Monaco in 1995 and continued his secondary education before signing a professional contract in 1999. Everyone remembers him as a dynamic, young, determined, polite and happy person. His extreme kindness, humour and mental strength made him stand out.”

Raymond Domenech (France Coach):
“I found out about David’s death this morning and, like everyone, I feel incredibly emotional and touched. I worked with David when I was in charge of the France Under-21s from 2000 to 2002. Like everyone in the squad I had that finished runners-up at the European Championship in Switzerland in May 2002, David was a charming and happy person who injected his qualities as a person and as a player into the group. My thoughts are with his friends and family and I offer them my sincere condolences.”

Frédéric Thiriez (LFP President):
“I am deeply saddened by this news. He was a pure product of the French training system. He was a robust, talented footballer. It’s wicked for somebody to die at such an age. This evening I am thinking about his family, his close friends and everybody who had the pleasure to play football alongside him.”

http://85.234.132.19/showthread.php?s=&threadid=61744&highlight=french+defender

RIP:angel:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here