Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

great result for the albion

kiwi_seagull

Aug 9, 2008
as i said this is a massive result on opening day for the albion welcome back micky ur a legend onwards and upwards sorry to say as some fans will shoot me down but dk was right to bring back micky now we have a real football manager who knows how to get results sorry but dw would have lost us the game .....the legend is back

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
as i said this is a massive result on opening day for the albion welcome back micky ur a legend onwards and upwards sorry to say as some fans will shoot me down but dk was right to bring back micky now we have a real football manager who knows how to get results sorry but dw would have lost us the game .....the legend is back

Spot on mate. Cue 2 pages of drivel from the Wilkins sycophants.....

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Great start, superb stuff ...... but let's also keep it in perspective shall we?

Actually what am I thinking, the season has arrived, and this is a Saturday night on NSC, so we must be either heading towards the Premiership or the Conference, at a rate of knotts.

:p

Dirty Dave

Aug 28, 2006
Worthing
Great result and by the sound of it, a decent performance as well.

The time to judge the team and the manager is at 5pm on May 2nd, not after the first 90 minutes of the season.

Spot on that man. Great result that we can and should celebrate but not too get carried away with it. Remember, it's a marathon not a sprint

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Great result and by the sound of it, a decent performance as well.

The time to judge the team and the manager is at 5pm on May 2nd, not after the first 90 minutes of the season.

I think we made our judgement on Micky as a manager a long time ago, but agreed, long way to go this season - it's looking good though!

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Great result but remember we had an awful start to the season the year we won the 1st Championship and had a great win at Burnley on the 1st game in the Championship followed by a draw and 12 consecutive defeats.

Be interested to see our opening day results over the last 15 years or so and how many opening day wins were followed by an indifferent or good season. Anyone have them or know where I can find them?

Anyway gonna enjoy this weekends fantastic achievement for the moment

Derbyshire Seagull

Oct 21, 2005
Just back from the game. A good all-round performance. We should have been 2 or 3 up before they equalised, but great finish from Forster to get the 3 points we deserved.

Elphick and Hawkins generally did well at the back aginst Zola, who is a bit of a handful. Everyone else was pretty solid. We looked more dangerous when Cox and McLeod switched after about 25 mins.

Superb result - last time I was at the first game was when we won at Oldham they year we got promoted. Same again please !!!

Great support- sounded like lots more than 817!!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here