Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Escape 'wall of noise' at Reading?

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
I think the main thing to have learnt from Saturday's atmosphere is.. keep chants going for longer. Gives it a much greater chance of catching on throughout the crowd and getting everyone in sync.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I think the main thing to have learnt from Saturday's atmosphere is.. keep chants going for longer. Gives it a much greater chance of catching on throughout the crowd and getting everyone in sync.

No names, no packdrill, no songsheets. Nothing whatsoever to be learnt. If it happens it happens. Maybe now the NSK understand.

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest

Pains me to say it but LEEDS are a very very good example of this.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
No names, no packdrill, no songsheets. Nothing whatsoever to be learnt. If it happens it happens. Maybe now the NSK understand.

i have to admit after Saturday i agree, bollocks to all the songsheets if a song/chant is good enough it will catch on.
but i agree with some others as well that our songs are all a bit to short and we do need to get a song that we can keep on going for ages and bounce around etc, im undecided weather the great escape should be that song or not...

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010

agreed, something like this would be great:

Pintos

Jul 28, 2005
Oxted
It has to be 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' (alternate between two parts of the crowd).

I seem to recall it lasting for a good 15 minutes until we scored an equaliser against Notts County in 1998. Except with Brian Horton instead of Gus.

The Terminator

Aug 7, 2010
It has to be 'Gus Poyet's blue and white army' (alternate between two parts of the crowd).

I seem to recall it lasting for a good 15 minutes until we scored an equaliser against Notts County in 1998. Except with Brian Horton instead of Gus.

this with scarves and flags swinging round would work :)

Smithy

Apr 26, 2009
Hove

It's got to be this. Keep it going long enough and everyone will join in.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Pick something else and sing it for 10minutes straight, I fancy the CMS song or Gus Poyet's blue and white army.:guitar::guitar::albion2::albion2::clap::clap:

Richard Reynold's Haircut

grammatically poor
Oct 3, 2011
Peacehaven
Why? It's not a Brighton song. Why do we need new songs? It's cringeworthy.

Just because we have finally found a song that the entire ground sings, loudly, and keeps going for more than 30 seconds and clearly lifts the team and the fans and sounds fantastic, why would we want to sing it again?

We have All-bbbiii-oooonnn after all.

Too right. Much rather have 10 people singing the Magiko (or whatever the latest ditty at St Pauli is) than that rubbish.

OSRGull

Jan 20, 2011
N1A
You don't have to be going down Old Shoreham Road to sing Brighton Aces, Ward doesn't play for us but we still sing about him so why can't we sing this anyway? It clearly motivated the players and gave them a boost so if it means creating an atmosphere then why not.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Palace fans lay claim to the "Great Escape" song , they've been singing it for the last couple of seasons between January and May.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here