Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Great Britain v Sweden Womens Football

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
to be fair, that game was not a great advert for womens football. We are lucky to have two local sides who are very good, Brighton and Lewes. If you took the physical differences away, both teams would walk the county league (in my opinion).

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
to be fair, that game was not a great advert for womens football. We are lucky to have two local sides who are very good, Brighton and Lewes. If you took the physical differences away, both teams would walk the county league (in my opinion).

So are they better than the GB team? Probably not.

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham
in a warm up game for the biggest tournament of your life how hard would you have played, tbh it was just a kick about if you expect the men (who are used to playing in big competitions )to be rushing around putting in crunching tackles tonight i think your in for a bit of a disappointment

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
in a warm up game for the biggest tournament of your life how hard would you have played, tbh it was just a kick about if you expect the men (who are used to playing in big competitions )to be rushing around putting in crunching tackles tonight i think your in for a bit of a disappointment

Exactly what have "crunching tackles" got to do with anything. The players were just useless. Crunching tackles have unfortunately been taken out of modern football for men, let alone women. I had expected higher technical ability, than was on display. Obviously women cannot match mens' physical ability and pace, but they should be able to obtain a reasonable level of technical ability.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Exactly what have "crunching tackles" got to do with anything. The players were just useless. Crunching tackles have unfortunately been taken out of modern football for men, let alone women. I had expected higher technical ability, than was on display. Obviously women cannot match mens' physical ability and pace, but they should be able to obtain a reasonable level of technical ability.

I can watch womens' football (and enjoy the passing which is so much more a part of their game than the pace and power of mens' football) right up to the point the goalkeepers get involved then I find myself alternately laughing and cringeing - they are so uniformly abysmal in every game I have ever seen

Sep 7, 2011
shoreham

how much womens football have you watched (just out of interest )

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Me and Sepp Blatter turned on at the end to watch the shirt swapping.

Amazing. I have never, ever heard anyone say that in relation to women's football before. Really.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
Two things spring to mind...

1) Women don't spit when they play football, unlike the men, and...

2) Did I read that a GB/England player got sent off recently? What for, I wonder. Was it a two-footed, knee-high scythdown, or for two yellows, for criticising an opponent's less than natural root colour, and overly prominent VPL ???

Potters mate

Jan 22, 2004
Lewes
So are they better than the GB team? Probably not.

As I said, that game was not a good advert. Everyone has an off day. In answer to your question, no they are not. Was merely using two womens teams i have watched as an example of the technical and tactical levels in the womens amatuer game currently.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here