Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Grealish

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Remember folks if you ever want to commit murder and get away with it, use a car.

Not true.

While there is no specific offence of vehicular murder, if in a premediated attack in a vehicle you would still be charged with murder or attempted murder rather than a road traffic offence.

Just cast your mind back to August when the guy from Burgess Hill drove his car into a pedestrian,

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
The bloke is so thick I half expect him to drive again and get caught doing so.

The football equivalent of Dumb and Dumber = Grealish on England duty sharing a room with Jordan Pickford.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I appreciate this is your schtick but that's a shitty response to pretty disgusting and abhorrent behaviour.

Thought you were better than that.

It is plain wrong, drunk driving claims lives and as a role model too many thousands of young people. I stand to be corrected but I think he apologised publically the day after it happened and donated two weeks wages to Birmingham Childrens Hospital. It is a very serious offence and as such as I said it must havwe been hanging over him so to play as well as he has recently is quite something. Now as any other person would he must serve his punishment, for what its worth I don't think his punishment was as harsh as I expected it to be but that's not his fault, that's the criminal justice system.

bobbysmith01

Feb 6, 2015
Should be put in prison, for not only serious driving charges, but also for his cheating on a football pitch and the way he gets fellow professionals booked and sent off. Norman Hunter and Ron Harris would have snapped him in half, with the blessing of most in football. Before you ask, no I do support him when plays for England, I turn over, the bloke is total disgrace to football and his generation . I hear he is a bit simple, but to drive a 'weapon' like that with possibly under the influence of alcohol or something else, is no excuse, even when you don't have a brain.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Not true.

While there is no specific offence of vehicular murder, if in a premediated attack in a vehicle you would still be charged with murder or attempted murder rather than a road traffic offence.

Just cast your mind back to August when the guy from Burgess Hill drove his car into a pedestrian,

My Twitter feed is full of this.
This is the most 'eye catching' one recently, remember there are on average 6 of these a day.

Scottish fella driving his Mercedes with tinted windows, 50% darker than legally allowed, and no MOT.
Cut the corner turning into a T-junction.
Killed the oncoming cyclist, who was approaching with the intention of turning right.

The defence argued as the sun was low, although the driver was on the wrong side of the road, he couldn't possibly see the cyclist.

Loss of license
Fine.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It is plain wrong, drunk driving claims lives and as a role model too many thousands of young people. I stand to be corrected but I think he apologised publically the day after it happened and donated two weeks wages to Birmingham Childrens Hospital. It is a very serious offence and as such as I said it must havwe been hanging over him so to play as well as he has recently is quite something. Now as any other person would he must serve his punishment, for what its worth I don't think his punishment was as harsh as I expected it to be but that's not his fault, that's the criminal justice system.

He may well have apologised the next day.
Then 2 weeks later was caught tailgating at 90mph on the M42.

You'll forgive me if I don't buy his crocodile tears and don't believe this shit is something to make light of.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009

You'll forgive me if I don't buy his crocodile tears and don't believe this shit is something to make light of.

Indeed - I amazed people still buy the ‘remorse’ shown by footballers when they do dumb stuff like this, he is a relatively young man and young men make stupid mistakes but I’ve seen the cost of drunk driving and quite frankly if you get caught as much as he was over the limit you should be banned from driving for life - its playing with other peoples lives, he couldn’t even reverse out a parking spot it’s not like he was .1 over the limit or something.

I would bet a lot of money in private and with his mates he couldn’t give a flying toss, his roadman mates handing out sweets outside the court just about sums it up. It’s a shame he’s such a c**t because he’s an exceptionally talented footballer.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis

I wasn't aware of the tailgating too, what a pillock.

I do think generally Grealish gets a lot of unfair stick and I think there is a fair amount of jeslousy involved, handsome youung man, naturally talented and with the world at his feet. As an England fan and a football fan he is a joy to watch. However on this occassion there's no excuse his actions were absolutely wrong, remembering first and foremost too he was selfishly breaking lockdown rules by attending a party. I think it is the fault of the justice system not Grealish if you think (and I tend to agree) that the punishment for his actions were not severe enough.

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Indeed - I amazed people still buy the ‘remorse’ shown by footballers when they do dumb stuff like this, he is a relatively young man and young men make stupid mistakes but I’ve seen the cost of drunk driving and quite frankly if you get caught as much as he was over the limit you should be banned from driving for life - its playing with other peoples lives, he couldn’t even reverse out a parking spot it’s not like he was .1 over the limit or something.

I would bet a lot of money in private and with his mates he couldn’t give a flying toss, his roadman mates handing out sweets outside the court just about sums it up. It’s a shame he’s such a c**t because he’s an exceptionally talented footballer.

No no I'm sure you're wrong.
I'm sure his mates, club and international management structure have all rallied round, shown him the error of his ways and told him forcefully and in the strongest possible terms that this reckless behaviour stops now.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
My Twitter feed is full of this.
This is the most 'eye catching' one recently, remember there are on average 6 of these a day.

Scottish fella driving his Mercedes with tinted windows, 50% darker than legally allowed, and no MOT.
Cut the corner turning into a T-junction.
Killed the oncoming cyclist, who was approaching with the intention of turning right.

The defence argued as the sun was low, although the driver was on the wrong side of the road, he couldn't possibly see the cyclist.

Loss of license
Fine.

And?

These are not murder as not premediated.

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
The bloke is a c**t, simple as that.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
And?

These are not murder as not premediated.

Ok I'll remove the brevity.

Remember folks if you want someone killed but would rather not do the jail time, devise a plan where the implement used to inflict the fatal blow is a car, as that would be your best chance to get away it.

fleet

Jul 28, 2003
How can people on here say he gets unfair stick? He dives endlessly - which is cheating - on the field. Off the field .... where do you start. Any stick he gets seems reasonable.

The Wizard

Jul 2, 2009
How can people on here say he gets unfair stick? He dives endlessly - which is cheating - on the field. Off the field .... where do you start. Any stick he gets seems reasonable.

Yep, people always claim it’s driven by jealousy for whatever reason but if that were the case I would dislike all footballers, I’m jealous of every footballer on the planet earning tens or hundreds of thousands per week doing what most of us dreamed of doing.

The difference is most footballers aren’t dickheads on AND off the pitch which makes him a rare breed indeed.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
I never had a defendant in front of me who wasn't full of remorse; they always are whether it's punching someone when pissed or nicking a sandwich. They are just weasel words.
"My client is very sorry"
"yeah, sorry he got caught" (I never actually said that but have been sorely tempted)

As for the fine, I've long been of the opinion that they are not really punitive for the very wealthy (nor for the very poor for a different reason); Many people have little, if no, savings so getting a few hundred in fines hits them hard; they have to budget in order to pay it or sacrifice/delay something. Someone with Grealish's wealth will have plenty tucked away and so it won't leave him short.

jessiejames

Never late in a V8
Jan 20, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Pathetic from the judge. Drink driving should be a minimum of 1 year prison, then an added month for every unit above the legal limit. ( don't agree with a legal limit, it should be zero alcohol). Plus an extra added year driving suspension when your released. Any other driving offence committed after should result in a lifetime driving ban.

Far to many idiots driving around now sober, the more you can get off the road the better, including vocational drivers. I see so many incidents of stupidity on the roads nowadays, even I get cut up in my artic.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I never had a defendant in front of me who wasn't full of remorse; they always are whether it's punching someone when pissed or nicking a sandwich. They are just weasel words.
"My client is very sorry"
"yeah, sorry he got caught" (I never actually said that but have been sorely tempted)

As for the fine, I've long been of the opinion that they are not really punitive for the very wealthy (nor for the very poor for a different reason); Many people have little, if no, savings so getting a few hundred in fines hits them hard; they have to budget in order to pay it or sacrifice/delay something. Someone with Grealish's wealth will have plenty tucked away and so it won't leave him short.

Finland the fine is a percentage of salary

https://www.theatlantic.com/busines...nd-home-of-the-103000-speeding-ticket/387484/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here