Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Grant Hall Compensation

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Just read that we should get 1.5m from spurs for grant hall. Is this the money/decision we were waiting for? To put towards a transfer fee for a new striker?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sun reports this, this morning!
Will this go into the transfer kitty??

Anything the Sun reports is a bit iffy but if correct you have to believe so. £1.5M in fees and additional wages could make the difference between getting our man and not. Given it was an unexpected windfall can't believe TB wouldn't let Gus have it from what I can see from here (very little btw)

bhafc99

Oct 14, 2003
Dubai
If it's true, then it's probably packaged together as loads of instalments: x if he plays so many games, x if he moves on again, x if he becomes a full international, x if he flies to the moon etc.

I'd bet that the actual cash-in-hand-now element is probably only a fraction of £1.5m.

But it's all speculation....

AMEXican Wave

AMEX Ruffian
Sep 21, 2010
If it's true, then it's probably packaged together as loads of instalments: x if he plays so many games, x if he moves on again, x if he becomes a full international, x if he flies to the moon etc.

I'd bet that the actual cash-in-hand-now element is probably only a fraction of £1.5m.

But it's all speculation....

But then again, we don't pay an incomming striker all his wages up front on day 1. You have a good point, but the money isn't needed all at once, and it depends on the extact breakdown of the settlement.

Cheeky Monkey

Jul 17, 2003
Possibly the most pointless transfer in the history of Association Football from Grant Hall's end. Still, we get 1.5m sterling and he'll get sold to Oxford or Bristol Rovers in 2013 having never pulled on a first team shirt in anger.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
That is top money if true. In fact not far off what Palace got for best left back in the world Clyne from Southampton so I'd be suprised?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Possibly the most pointless transfer in the history of Association Football from Grant Hall's end.

Except he's probably quadrupled his wages. The lure of cash has been known to influence a footballers decision at the expense of everything else

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
There's no way we'll get a flat £1.5M for him. If we get anywhere near that it'll be because he's played a certain number of first team games and possibly England U21 or full caps. There will also probably be a sell-on clause.

I'd say no more than £500K for starters and the rest to follow (possibly).

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
It's the sort of money that they need to be made to pay to help stop Premiership clubs from poaching players from smaller clubs. Looking at how he was developing he may have broken into our first team and been sold for a figure in that region so I think it's fair and how the smaller clubs should be looked after

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here