Grand national bets

BHAFC_Pandapops

Citation Needed
Feb 16, 2011
According to Pete 33/1

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
The race is a complete and utter lottery. You could play favourite numbers and have as much chance as if you went with logic.

Personally, I've gone with cheeky each-way flutters on Chicago Grey, Seabass, On His Own, Westend Rocker, Tharawaat and Giles Cross.
(#11, #13, #15, #17, #29, #34)

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
Sorta fancied Seabass,though put off by the rider.

Chicago Grey for me,though I might put something on Calgary Bay as I got it in the sweepstake.And they rhyme.Commentators nightmare.(Can I say nightmare in this context?)

P.S.I haven't won on the National (ie picked the winner) since the last grey won it in 1703.

Can you bet a 1-2 in this race ?

Last edited:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
P.S.I haven't won on the National (ie picked the winner) since the last grey won it in 1703.

Can you bet a 1-2 in this race?

:lolol: Quality. The best Grand National story I've been told was by a manager at Ladbrokes, a few years ago when the Mon Mome won at 100/1 (apologies if I'm confused), she was the only person in the shop at the time who had actually backed it. So she's out on the floor cheering it on furiously whilst all the punters in the shop are cheering on something else. Fantastic atmosphere, but her celebratory jump at the end could have been misconstrued. And apparently was, as many of the punters were never again seen in the shop. Classic.

But yes, you can do 1-2 in this race. 1-2-3, if you're brave. Best to do a combination though. If you have say 3 selections and put them in a combination forecast, it is 6 bets. The formula to work it out is number of selections x next lowest number. So, if you want 10 selections, the formula to work out how much it will cost is 10 x 9. So if you did it for £1, it would cost you £90, but you'd have £1 on ANY of your selections coming 1-2, and if the forecast dividend was more than £90, you would win on the bet. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Durlston

"You plonker, Rodney!"
NSC Patron
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Swing Bill could run a good race and I'm tempted at around 66/1 each-way. Synchronised will go off as 5/1 favourite I reckon with Tony McCoy on board and the Cheltenham Gold Cup champion.

Tomo1794

Apr 7, 2009
Leighton Buzzard
Got Shakalakaboomboom to win and 25p each way on Midnight Haze :) probs put another small e/w bet on another horse tomorrow as well!

Won £50 2 years ago when I put £5 to win on don't push it :clap: was 20-1 when I was going to put the bet on but only got 10-1 in the end :eek:

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
ive gone for
West end rocker
Seabass
Syncroshised
Viking Blood
In Complaince
Ballabriggs
Swing bill
all e/w and only a £10 in total spent