Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Graham Potter joins on four-year deal

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Porter IN.

It’s hard to argue with any of that.

I’m very optimistic for next season, playing Sanchez from game one, imagine having Solly and Lamptey back now. Plus a new forward or 2.

Also very happy with the strength of our squad. If we do lose Biss or Ben White, we have Moises / Moder and Ostigard / Clarke / Dedonker to step up. Not to mention the real talent coming through.

I’ll eat Porter’s hat if we don’t sign a first teamer or two this summer, especially if Bissouma is sold. TB/PB aspire for top ten. We’re not far off in many ways imho.

Striker and LB/LWB, someone with the energy of Bissouma in CM.

(In planning, bearing in mind potential injuries. We badly missed Solly for a while, whilst Lallana and Welbeck have histories of injuries).

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
It’s been another emotional rollercoaster of an EPL season following the Albion.

I’m a grumpy NSC git on the day of setbacks such as Blades away, but euphoric after our great performances yielding a win.

So, taking stock, on a bottom 6 budget I think Graham Potter has done more than a decent job so far.

View attachment 136283

Assessing this season in particular, comparing to where we were last summer, imho the tangible improvements have been:

1. We now have a far better keeper, Sanchez is assured at everything.
2. Lamptey and Veltman are a significant step up on Montoya and Schelotto.
3. White and Webster have really come on. Other posters have made a great point that Webster thrived without the boo-boys in the stands.
4. Bissouma has evolved from a dynamic work in progress, to a CM boss.
5. We had little pace before, I’d say when looking at the overall squad, we’ve vastly improved in that facet.
6. Lallana and Welbeck (I realise he’s just a loanee ... for now) have added proven top flight class to the first 11.
7. Dunk’s now even better.
8. Trossard destressed, he’s played well in many games.
9. Gross, I had thought that he was on his way out with Stephens and Propper, but in many recent games he’s been the teutonic renaissance man.
10. March was in the form of his life.
11. Moder looks an EPL player.
12. We used to be defensively vulnerable as we threw bodies forward, I’d say far less so this season.

Shirley Porter gets credit for all of this.

Excellent post, agree on all points.

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Did I hear that Sanchez is now the youngest keeper to keep 10 clean sheets in a season?

If so that is highly impressive for someone who wasn't first choice at the beginning.

(I may have misheard that stat, I was a bit sleepy.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Did I hear that Sanchez is now the youngest keeper to keep 10 clean sheets in a season?

If so that is highly impressive for someone who wasn't first choice at the beginning.

(I may have misheard that stat, I was a bit sleepy.

Leeds keeper has 10 as well and he's 2 years younger, maybe Sanchez is the youngest to get 10 first ie in only 23 games

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
Leeds keeper has 10 as well and he's 2 years younger, maybe Sanchez is the youngest to get 10 first ie in only 23 games

More likely the commentator was talking about the Leeds keeper and I wasn't listening properly.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It’s been another emotional rollercoaster of an EPL season following the Albion.

I’m a grumpy NSC git on the day of setbacks such as Blades away, but euphoric after our great performances yielding a win.

So, taking stock, on a bottom 6 budget I think Graham Potter has done more than a decent job so far.

View attachment 136283

Assessing this season in particular, comparing to where we were last summer, imho the tangible improvements have been:

1. We now have a far better keeper, Sanchez is assured at everything.
2. Lamptey and Veltman are a significant step up on Montoya and Schelotto.
3. White and Webster have really come on. Other posters have made a great point that Webster thrived without the boo-boys in the stands.
4. Bissouma has evolved from a dynamic work in progress, to a CM boss.
5. We had little pace before, I’d say when looking at the overall squad, we’ve vastly improved in that facet.
6. Lallana and Welbeck (I realise he’s just a loanee ... for now) have added proven top flight class to the first 11.
7. Dunk’s now even better.
8. Trossard destressed, he’s played well in many games.
9. Gross, I had thought that he was on his way out with Stephens and Propper, but in many recent games he’s been the teutonic renaissance man.
10. March was in the form of his life.
11. Moder looks an EPL player.
12. We used to be defensively vulnerable as we threw bodies forward, I’d say far less so this season.

Shirley Porter gets credit for all of this.

Excellent assessment if we can keep all, or most, of them together. And the boss, though I don’t think one of the big clubs will be daring enough to take the plunge on that score. The next step is to show we can play with the same freedom in front of a crowd that can get restless after the first misplaced or sideways pass.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
Excellent assessment if we can keep all, or most, of them together. And the boss, though I don’t think one of the big clubs will be daring enough to take the plunge on that score. The next step is to show we can play with the same freedom in front of a crowd that can get restless after the first misplaced or sideways pass.

I agree. Those clubs/their fans either demand instant success, or they’ll only give time to the very best such as Guardiola or Klopp.

Potter would be a lamb to the slaughter with whinging fans.

schmunk

Centrist Dad
Jan 19, 2018
Mid mid mid Sussex
One for the Potter out campaign to chew over:

[tweet]1389592050119630849[/tweet]

Apparently he's one of the best managers in the world:

E0jSo7CWUA4v8hG.png

Attachments

• Untitled.png
    Untitled.png
    420.2 KB · Views: 226
Last edited:

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
And how was it put together? Did someone just do it on powerpoint one day?

Great to see Oscar Garcia get some credit though

albionite

May 20, 2009
TB/PB don’t look foolish now with that long GP contract.

Tony strikes again.

It’s almost like we have people at the club who have a long term plan and know what they are doing.
They must have a good chuckle reading nsc seeing us bicker over who we should sign and loan out.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Are there still ‘Potter out’ers left anywhere? There was like dozens and very vocal but in 2021 we’ve been exceptional - I assume they’ve accepted they were well wrong? It’s just how vocal they were, knee jerk reactions, after a defeat etc…

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
They'll be back with a vengeance when we hit poor form. Which unless we have some sort of miraculous season, we will have a bad run eventually, and they'll all come crawling out of the woodwork when we do.

We all have opinions and we all get proved wrong at times - but it’s the conviction and aggression many of them used that was quite strange.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here