Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Graham Potter and staff donating money to save Ostersunds FK from bankruptcy

Gabbafella

Aug 22, 2012
Not one of J K Rowling's catchiest of titles for a sequel.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's the reputation of the previous Ostersund owners these days in Sweden? What was it, faked a load of invoices? Interesting tale by the sounds of it. Oddly it rarely gets a mention over here.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Not owners - chairman. The members own the club just like in all Swedish clubs.

Yes Kindberg was basically moving money from the public housing company he was some kind of boss for to ÖFK through fake invoices. Not sure of all the details but he appealed the original sentence and it is still ongoing.

They are hated nowadays, the whole thing completely ruined their reputation. A little bit unfair as they did a good job cleaning and clearing out the shit.

Going to miss them. Oddball club, did a lot of strange signings such as Ravel Morrison and a bunch of other English failures, some still at the club. They also appointed some weird managers, like Potters replacement Ian Burchnall (now the manager of Notts County) and some bloke who pushed very heavy on transcendental meditation and claimed he could see what would happen in future games. Doubt they will be back in Allsvenskan though.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
What's the reputation of the previous Ostersund owners these days in Sweden? What was it, faked a load of invoices? Interesting tale by the sounds of it. Oddly it rarely gets a mention over here.

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Might turn better after today:

"Daniel Kindberg was sentenced to three years in prison and banned from business for five years by the district court for, with the help of false invoices, having laundered millions to Östersunds FK.
The verdict was appealed, and now the Court of Appeal has announced its decision: ÖFK's former chairman is acquitted of all charges."

https://www.fotbollskanalen.se/allsvenskan/klart-daniel-kindberg-frias-i-hovratten/

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here