Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Graeme smith to sign in the next few days

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
Just had a quick look through the Motherwell message boards (i admit i was'nt thorough, couldnt be arsed to read through the dross) couldnt find any mention of this and they dont even seem to be bothered about him going :down: so is it a good move for us?

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
He was serious.

chez would rather have an 80-year-old arthritic monkey in goal than Michel Kuipers.

Well that's fair enough, I don't oppose opposite opinions about how good Michel is. But to say McGhee can spot a good keeper! Well that's just incredible, given his track record! Or have we forgiven Henderson and Blayney now? Without evening mentioning Yelldell!

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Michel obviously makes Chez feel inadequate.

gull-able

Banned
Jan 21, 2009
Just had a quick look through the Motherwell message boards (i admit i was'nt thorough, couldnt be arsed to read through the dross) couldnt find any mention of this and they dont even seem to be bothered about him going :down: so is it a good move for us?

Played over 70 games in SPL (37 last year) and in europe ( man of the match against nancy away). Offered new deal by motherwell and wanted by other teams (including hibs). Tipped to be a scottish full international soon, and at twenty six perfect age for a keeper. The is a Michel Kuipers sized bum mark on the subs bench appearing as we speak.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Well that's fair enough, I don't oppose opposite opinions about how good Michel is. But to say McGhee can spot a good keeper! Well that's just incredible, given his track record! Or have we forgiven Henderson and Blayney now? Without evening mentioning Yelldell!

Well he could spot a decent keeper, given that Blayney did a pretty decent job for us and Henderson went to a club in a higher league for a profit. Doesn't seen that bad. :shrug:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Well he could spot a decent keeper, given that Blayney did a pretty decent job for us and Henderson went to a club in a higher league for a profit. Doesn't seen that bad. :shrug:

Oh for crying out loud, what is wrong with people?! :wozza:

Didn't you ever see Blayney play? Or Henderson? If Michel had been in goal for the 05/06 season, I doubt we would have been as hopeless as we were! We somehow managed to get £150,000 for him and that was mindblowingly good business, no arguments there. But McGhee didn't have any part of that deal, for one thing!

Brighton M

Banned
Sep 22, 2006
Lancing

Didn't you ever see Blayney play? Or Henderson? If Michel had been in goal for the 05/06 season, I doubt we would have been as hopeless as we were! We somehow managed to get £150,000 for him and that was mindblowingly good business, no arguments there. But McGhee didn't have any part of that deal, for one thing!

Stop posting.
:tosser:

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004
Don't get this post at all. John Sullivan wasn't competition!! In what way??

Because he was too young and inexperienced to challenge Michel. Plus, I don't think he was ever good enough to be a regular for us last season. Maybe in time he'll come good for Millwall.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Michel is past his best. Good shot stopper, and Albion Legend ?? Will get a deserved testimonial. However he doesn't do the basic well, distribution etc, and he wants to blame everyone apart fron himself. Doesn't organise the back well enough.
Thats why we needa keeper, and if Michel can compete all well and good.

O Lads

Dec 16, 2004

This has to be the biggest joke post ever surely!? You think our goalkeeper was the problem? Almost all of our players were terrible because we didn't have the money to sign players or keep our best players.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Michel has not been great for a while. The defence and midfield were very poor last season particularly at home. Just my opinion that he is past his best.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004

What are you talking about? Henderson's only fault was that he wasn't Kuipers, reasonable YOUNG keeper - made mistakes but you do that at that age. Was an Ireland international at about 22, you don't manage that if you aren't at least half decent. We were hopless in that season because our entire team was shite, to blame it on Henderson/Blayney is quite frankly, thick.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
This has to be the biggest joke post ever surely!? You think our goalkeeper was the problem? Almost all of our players were terrible because we didn't have the money to sign players or keep our best players.

You're kidding, surely? Henderson was caught out time and time again, he let in so many soft goals.. if you're goalkeeper can't keep shots out then you're getting relegated, facts. Obviously the rest of the team wasn't great either, but we would have atleast done a bit better with a proper goalkeeper between the sticks. Henderson's performances against Watford and Stoke were absolute jokes, and yet he kept being played. Amazing.

What are you talking about? Henderson's only fault was that he wasn't Kuipers, reasonable YOUNG keeper - made mistakes but you do that at that age. Was an Ireland international at about 22, you don't manage that if you aren't at least half decent.

No, Henderson's faults had nothing to do with not being Michel. Roberts wasn't hindered by being someone different because he was a good goalkeeper, Scott Flinders was the same... a good goalkeeper who was respected because he played well consistently. Henderson was brilliant away at Crystal Palace, and average to rubbish every match other than that. Anyone who disagrees really does baffle me, because there is only 1 game which Henderson can get any credit from at all!

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Unfortunately every slight mistake that this man makes will be seen by the likes of TCB and some others as a major calamity and there will be calls to recall Kuipers.

northstandsteve

Oct 9, 2003
Hove
Michel will be on the bench for most of this season, without a doubt. Slade knows that we need a top class keeper, who can organise take responsibility and above all can give us some decent distribution, instead of posing everytime he makes a save.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here