Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] GP: I think that anyone who criticises someone like Dan Burn doesn't understand football.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Its a forum where you dont need to be a registrered user to read. There is absolutely no way of knowing if any of them visit NSC or not.

This is the biggest BHAFC forum on the internet. If there was some internet forum where people on a daily basis gave you direct feedback on your workplace and your performances as an individual, would you not visit it? Perhaps not. But I'm willing to bet that at least 1 in 30 would.

As I've highlighted reading NSC as a guest is a deliberately unpleasant UX. Furthermore you don't have the right to reply. So, yes, there is no way to tell if Neal Maupay spends every day furiously reading NSC and lots of pop up ads but not being able to respond to any criticism directly. I'd suggest, however, that normal people don't do that.

I gave up using Facebook because of the absolute shit being posted by people I'd last met in the flesh 30 years ago and I had the ability to respond to that!

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Well, this has been discussed at mod towers and the feeling from those who see user account details is that players don't read NSC - unless, of course, they enjoy reading badly spelled criticism surrounded by spammy ads. It's not how I'd spend my time as a millionairre.

Twitter and Insta are different because users can respond directly to players posts or @ mention them.

Exactly, although I know of at least one during the Withdean days, but that was a lifetime ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
It's not how I'd spend my time as a millionairre.

If you want to find out how a millionaire spends his time in relation to life on and off NSC surely [MENTION=12697]Steve Foster[/MENTION] (and his two aliases) have the answer?

Anti Muslim jokes are no doubt high on the list of ‘must do’ activities perhaps?

May 5, 2020
Sussex
The players may or may not pop in here themselves but I'm sure what is said gets back to them from friends(or enemy's),family members etc.
I think if a player got some stick off the fans at the ground he could counter it with a few positive moments from the fans too.
At the moment the closest thing to interacting with the fans is for a player to pop into social media and I think the saddest thing for them is not the just the criticism but the fact that we are all fighting with each other over any criticism.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Well, this has been discussed at mod towers and the feeling from those who see user account details is that players don't read NSC - unless, of course, they enjoy reading badly spelled criticism surrounded by spammy ads. It's not how I'd spend my time as a millionairre.

Twitter and Insta are different because users can respond directly to players posts or @ mention them.

Come on, of course they look on here. I imagine there is hilarity in the dressing room and plenty of piss taking amongst the players at some of the comments made on here. I’ll be really disappointed if I’m wrong.

I know the Coca Cola kid’s dad read NSC because I got some serious abuse from him (via pm I think) about a few comments I made. We actually ended up being quite chummy though :lolol:

Even as a millionaire I’d definitely have popped in for a gander after the last two games

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Come on, of course they look on here. I imagine there is hilarity in the dressing room and plenty of piss taking amongst the players at some of the comments made on here. I’ll be really disappointed if I’m wrong.

I know the Coca Cola kid’s dad read NSC because I got some serious abuse from him (via pm I think) about a few comments I made. We actually ended up being quite chummy though :lolol:

Even as a millionaire I’d definitely have popped in for a gander after the last two games

Think you’re going to be disappointed.

The piss-taking was normally aimed at the newspaper reporters in the dressing rooms I was in, but then there was no social media.

However, on the basis you are right, perhaps I should take credit for Trossard’s drastic improvement in form [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Think you’re going to be disappointed.

The piss-taking was normally aimed at the newspaper reporters in the dressing rooms I was in, but then there was no social media.

However, on the basis you are right, perhaps I should take credit for Trossard’s drastic improvement in form [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23].

You played football at League level? Impressed but if there was no social media your argument falls down badly :wink:

I lived abroad in the early 70’s and didn’t know the scores until the papers arrived a day later. There is no way that happens now! I confess I didn’t even know Brighton had a professional/league football team back then. I took no interest below the First Division :down:

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
You played football at League level? Impressed but if there was no social media your argument falls down badly :wink:

I lived abroad in the early 70’s and didn’t know the scores until the papers arrived a day later. There is no way that happens now! I confess I didn’t even know Brighton had a professional/league football team back then. I took no interest below the First Division :down:

Sadly not football league - LoL....

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ

Back in 2017, after posting my thoughts about Luis Garcia on this very forum, I got a twitter DM from him :ohmy:

1234.jpg

blue-shifted

Banned
Feb 20, 2004
a galaxy far far away
They may only have a surface glance.

Scenario: Aaron Connolly logs into see what NSC thinks of him. Sees a thread titled “Hopefully the end of Connolly”, approx 50 pages.

Or Adam Webster. In his best form currently for our club, was immense against Liverpool and Spurs. Logs in one night after the Liverpool game to see how happy the fans are. Top thread that night (genuinely was) 100 odd pages “Adam Webster is not a defender discuss”.

Even if it is a minority, to an outsider, seeing the volume of discussion on the above 2 titles may give a sad impression of our fan base.

And not just to the players who may or may have have any consciousness of it, everyone else who comes on here.

It just makes us look like a bunch of knobs.

Look, if someone deserves stick ... fine. Slate them. we've had plenty down the years who have acted like cocks or not tried

Webster doesn't deserve stick

Connolly doesn't deserve stick

The mods won't do anything. Happy to hide behind, "the players probably have no conception that NSC exists" or they don't want to have adverts" or it would be impossible to register anonymously". They know all three are bollocks

Promoting alternative threads is the only course of action in my view

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
An interesting listen, clearly all players have good games and bad games and I thought the Wolves match may cost Burn for a few games. He doesn't get the plaudits he deserves because he is a regular 6 in most games, rarely much more or less but he does a cracking job most of the time

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham

Scenario: Aaron Connolly logs into see what NSC thinks of him. Sees a thread titled “Hopefully the end of Connolly”, approx 50 pages.

Or Adam Webster. In his best form currently for our club, was immense against Liverpool and Spurs. Logs in one night after the Liverpool game to see how happy the fans are. Top thread that night (genuinely was) 100 odd pages “Adam Webster is not a defender discuss”.

Even if it is a minority, to an outsider, seeing the volume of discussion on the above 2 titles may give a sad impression of our fan base.

Serious question. Do you think it is any different at any other professional football club in this country that has a strong online supporter presence?

SimpKingpin

See the match?
Aug 8, 2020
Worthing -> NYC
I'm sure this has been posted before (probably last year?).

This video talks about Burn's role in the 19/20 team.

He returned to a similar role against Liverpool I believe, something I don't think he's done for a while.

It runs for about 1 minute from 2:27 - 4:00.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
And not just to the players who may or may have have any consciousness of it, everyone else who comes on here.

Look, if someone deserves stick ... fine. Slate them. we've had plenty down the years who have acted like cocks or not tried

The mods won't do anything. Happy to hide behind, "the players probably have no conception that NSC exists" or they don't want to have adverts" or it would be impossible to register anonymously". They know all three are bollocks

[emoji122][emoji122][emoji122]

Spot on.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
And maybe ask YOURSELF what the reaction to recent results would have been at the Amex with 30,000 fans there? Potter's been pretty cushioned compared to what Hughton had to endure in real time. December 2020 would have been the exact same fans-at-each-others-throats scenario, apart from due to covid it only gets played out on here. Potter got lucky on that score

Hughton and the players had to endure some harsh fan responses at the Amex.
I was appalled to hear fans boo and jeer our players.
But in fairness it was a pretty horrific run in the last 5 home games, losing tamely to saints, conceding 5 to Bournemouth, 2 to Cardiff and then that first half against Newcastle, when we couldn't even pass to one another. That was horrific and pushed a lot of our fans to their limit.

Nowhere near the same position that Potter is in.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location

Sorry, but if someone wants to give a player stick on here - whoever that player is - then this is a forum for opinion, and EVERYONE is entitled to post that opinion. If they then can't back it up then they'll get plenty of shit back in bucketloads from other posters, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't post it in the first place, for fear of "upsetting" said player. Criticism and stick comes with the territory - if one of our footballers can't take it and regresses into his shell then he may not be in the right line of work. Some posters are more articulate then others of course. You're going to get considered rants about players (and managers) on here that may have good points well made. You're also going to have the dimbots who simply post "so-and-so is f*cking shit". But the last thing I'd want is a sanitised happy-clappy NSC where we can only sing praises. Bo-ring.

Both Webster and Connolly have certainly had periods of underperforming, so "stick" just comes with the territory. As long as it doesn't descend into outright personal abuse, I have absolutely no qualms about dishing stick and criticism to our players on here, and have done many many times (and then often later been proved wrong).

NSC should NEVER be censored by mods for fear of players reading it. What a wanky idea.

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Minteh Wonderland

Scenario: Aaron Connolly logs into see what NSC thinks of him. Sees a thread titled “Hopefully the end of Connolly”, approx 50 pages....

Well that's always going to be a bad idea if you're in the public eye. Any forum. Any social media.

vagabond

May 17, 2019
Brighton
Sorry, but if someone wants to give a player stick on here - whoever that player is - then this is a forum for opinion, and EVERYONE is entitled to post that opinion. If they then can't back it up then they'll get plenty of shit back in bucketloads from other posters, but it doesn't mean they shouldn't post it in the first place, for fear of "upsetting" said player. Criticism and stick comes with the territory - if one of our footballers can't take it and regresses into his shell then he may not be in the right line of work. Some posters are more articulate then others of course. You're going to get considered rants about players (and managers) on here that may have good points well made. You're also going to have the dimbots who simply post "so-and-so is f*cking shit". But the last thing I'd want is a sanitised happy-clappy NSC where we can only sing praises. Bo-ring.

Both Webster and Connolly have certainly had periods of underperforming, so "stick" just comes with the territory. As long as it doesn't descend into outright personal abuse, I have absolutely no qualms about dishing stick and criticism to our players on here, and have done many many times (and then often later been proved wrong).

NSC should NEVER be censored by mods for fear of players reading it. What a wanky idea.

Your observation is correct. Outright censorship is obviously wrong. But respectfully that’s not what we’re talking about. It’s more about thread titles that are hateful or incendiary and would give a false or sometimes horrific impression of our fan base.

“Hopefully the end of Connolly” with 100 odd pages. For an honest young player starting his career, I’m sure most agree is clearly a disgraceful title. Now maybe only the first opening post is hateful.. but an outsider would just see the topic top of the forum and assume the 100 odd posts are mainly in favour.

That’s all some of us requested. Rename some of these horrific titles.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here