Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Government trying to ban live music

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Have you actually read the report?? If you have you will have seen this

2.1.6. Among those who used to stage live music without a PEL and who do not now have a Premises Licence permitting the staging of live music, the vast majority (97%) chose not to apply to include live music provision in the Premises Licence. Just three per cent of these establishments (or less than half of one per cent of all establishments) applied for a licence to stage live music but were denied.

Essentially itsays that of the people that used the two in the bar rule but that can't now perfrom live music virtually all of them have chosen that they don't want to perform live music in their premises.

If they change their mind..... all they have to do is fill in form and send it off to the council.

Hatterlovesbrighton

something clever
Jul 28, 2003
Not Luton! Thank God
Re: Re: Re: Government trying to ban live music

eastlondonseagull said:
It's the more impromptu, off-the-cuff stuff that I fear for.

My other half's dad owns a farm, and he has a free mini festival on it each year, with a hundred or so people attending - now he may not be able to do it.

No parties in your back garden, either, as I understand it.

He can still do it. All he needs to do is a fill in a Temporary Event Notice and post it to his council. The only people that could object to it would be the police... its Nimby proof

Unless you start inviting the public to the parties in your back garden then you don't need a licence.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
This bloody petition business is out of hand and misleading....I'd say about 4 or 5 of the petitions on there out of the how ever many hundreds are legitimate and worthwhile.

Talk about pissing in the ocean...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
This has been in the public domain for a while now. We have had to sign petitions etc etc as when the original consultation went through for this, there were no exemptions...so technically speaking Church Choirs etc were not allowed to perform unless the venue had a license......

It was typical government crap!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here