Votes: 62 69.7%
  • No

Votes: 27 30.3%

• Total voters

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
How would you feel about the full lyrics to GOSBTS being on the away screen for all to join in with pre match? Leading to a crescendo as the players walk out?

This would be for this one song only.

Well?

Last edited:

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Yes. Hugely in favour of this.

I don't think there is any "cringe" factor whatsoever to a professional visual presentation on the big screens while SBTS is being played and 3 sides of The AMEX belt out our club song... it would be extremely stylish and more likely envied by visiting supporters.

I'd go for picture images with the words appearing at the bottom and changing with each line

"Now is the time for marching..."

This idea has to be presented to the club and pursued until a satisfactory response is achieved. I am willing to do this but there are presumably people on here better connected and more suited to the task.

Last edited:

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Yes. Hugely in favour of this.

I don't think there is any "cringe" factor whatsoever to a professional visual presentation on the big screens while SBTS is being played and 3 sides of The AMEX belt out our club song... it would be extremely stylish and more likely envied by visiting supporters.

I'd go for picture images with the words appearing at the bottom and changing with each line

"Now is the time for marching..."

In which case it needs to be carefully produced, and not bodged!

Also the sound and vision must be 100% in sync, and not bodged!

Basically, it must not be bodged!

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
and it should be on both screens... we should be PROUD of it, not hiding it away behind the backs of our visitors.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
In which case it needs to be carefully produced, and not bodged!

Also the sound and vision must be 100% in sync, and not bodged!

Basically, it must not be bodged!
Yes, agreed, this. NO BODGING.

The current dogs dinner of SBTS, and the failure to even do this right when we had a singer on the pitch, unfortunately leaves the bodge possibility firmly open.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
and it should be on both screens... we should be PROUD of it, not hiding it away behind the backs of our visitors.
a Pride image for the second line...?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Also the sound and vision must be 100% in sync
how hard is that to do...? blokes on here seem to do it quite easily with their homemade videos and slideshows...?

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
how hard is that to do...? blokes on here seem to do it quite easily with their homemade videos and slideshows...?

Not at all - as long as it is a single video with soundtrack - rather than someone trying to launch a video at the same time as the existing music... which would be a bodge!

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
I think GOSBTS is a very special exception to the rule.

We don't need 'Seagulls!, Seagulls!' pop up with a little bouncy ball at every corner etc as we do that anyway.

Even on that thread people say it'd only be ok if it was GOSBTS

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
Lyrics on the screen

Can the club ever win?
Yes, yes they can win. Sort out the dogs dinner they have made of SBTS pre kick-off and they will make a lot of people very happy and establish what could be something very special.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here