• KEEP

Votes: 160 93.0%
  • BIN

Votes: 12 7.0%

• Total voters

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Keep, but can we get a copy of it, that does not sound like its a 20yr old vinal with scrathes. Or maybe thats just the crap Withdean sound system, I imagine the Amex will have a quality sound system.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
The club will NEVER ditch Sussex by the Sea, and rightly so. I don't think Naylor even suggested doing so.

This is an absurd poll.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Weren't they forced to go "snazzier" because they went bankrupt and reformed under the new name?
No, it happened in about 1973 and it was purely for marketing purposes. They changed the badge as well! I think it was the John Bond era and they were trying to modernise the club. Not sure about the club song!

Kent Seagull

Jul 5, 2003
Tenterden, Kent
Does anyone else remember when Mike Bamber tried to modernise the image when we got into the old first division. Not only did he get rid of the stripes but he had some dreadful fanfare crap played for the team to run out to. Fortunately neither lasted. A football club should never ever forget its roots. GOSBTS is a unique song that is so deep rooted into our history that it must be played forever!

Gerbil

Nsc's most loved
Jul 6, 2003
Stalking Hayley
The 6 people who voted bin are f***ing IDIOTS.

Bulldog

Sep 25, 2010
I don't go to that many away games, but at those I do go to there is ALWAYS a group of supporters FAR younger than me prepared to belt GOSBTS out with a passion that only a teenager or twentysomething is physically capable of.

What are you basing this statement on?

You don't muck around with an ANTHEM just to make it trendy. We don't NEED to change it.

Hi Spiros

My comments were based on my experience.

I am getting a bit deaf, but I don't hear people, of any age, singing the words.

I hear good, heartfelt renditions of, were going up to win the cup, for Sussex by the sea. But I dont hear people singing the actual words of the anthem.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
95.2% in favour. No controversy here.

The Mole

Feb 20, 2004
Bowdon actually , Cheshire
Does any other team run out to music that directly relates to WHERE the team is based? Can't think of any off hand.

Forest have the Robin Hood theme - quite appropriate for their history and Everton have the Z Cars theme tune - which is a bit more obscure, but the programme was based in Liverpool - something to be applauded.

Neither as uplifting as GOSBTS though

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here