Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gorgeous Albion squad photo from 1980 - could you please name the players?

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
it was on the front of the official calendar :lolol: i got one for christmas last year, im sure the 2013 calendar will have the new one on :thumbsup:

It's odd, I just do not remember ever seeing it on official website.

Maybe I should buy a calendar this year then.

Thanks for the heads up

catfish

North Stand Brighton Boy
Dec 17, 2010
Worthing
Back row 2nd left is my good friend Tony Vessey probably one of the hardest to get out of that lot.

I remember his only Albion appearance the day after my birthday in '81 against Coventry. I had to run out to the bog behind the North Stand to throw up I was so hungover.

Didn't he swallow his tongue during a match when he was playing for Worthing a few years later? I'm sure it was him.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
As much as we love our 'home' what a shit hole it was.

Looking at the Meccano stand brings back a memory I think the only time I sat in it we played Everton in a midweek game I think we lost 3 0 Bob Latchford scoring one of Their goals awful views so many pillars in the way think it was only there for about 4 seasons

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
Looking at the Meccano stand brings back a memory I think the only time I sat in it we played Everton in a midweek game I think we lost 3 0 Bob Latchford scoring one of Their goals awful views so many pillars in the way think it was only there for about 4 seasons

Never sat in it, only one I didn't in that era, didn't miss much really. Love the Goldstone, wouldn't want it back.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Next to Gary Stevens top row is Mark nye & glenn Geard both Played for reserves but never made it into the 1st team both local lads I think Geard made a few appearances on the bench both played good standard of football for non league Sussex clubs

when he was not getting sent off bless him feisty little sod

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Baxk Row: Paul Clark, Tony Vessey, Dave Linstrum ( Apprentice ), Wayne Orton, Gary Williams, Mark Lawrenson, Gary Stevens, Mark Nye ( Apprentice ), Glen Geard, Tony Ewins ( Apprentice), Mark Vanston ( Apprentice).

Middle Row: Glen Wilson, Jimmy Melia, Ken Craggs, Danny Deans ( Apprentice), Jesse Roast ( Apprentice), Tony Knight, Graham Moseley, John Phillips, Steve Foster, Peter Suddaby, George Aitken, Mike Yaxley.

Front Row: Giles Stille, Neil Mcnab, Moshe Gariani, Peter Ward, Gordon Smith, Brian Horton, Alan Mullery, John Gregory, Gerry Ryan, Ray Mchale, Peter Sayer, Mick Ring.

Seated: Andy Young (Apprentice), Howard Denton (Apprentice) and Matthew Wiltshire ( Apprentice)

Matthew Wiltshire's son, Cameron, is a new scholar for this season.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
The team picture was always something special, often the 1st view of new kits, hairstyles & players.

Reckon it's the transfer window that's 'done' for it as squads change so much by the end of August.

Arnois2

Apr 15, 2011
Sirindhorn, Bangkok.
Next to Gary Stevens top row is Mark nye & glenn Geard both Played for reserves but never made it into the 1st team both local lads I think Geard made a few appearances on the bench /QUOTE]

I'm pretty sure I saw Geard start instead of Peter Ward in a league cup replay up at Highbury .Probably his one and only appearance

Yeah your right there. I did some work for Glen Geard at his house in Haywards Heath and his got a picture on the wall of the Arsenal game where his clearing a header. Told some good stories about Mullery and Moseley.

Gregory2Smith1

J'les aurai!
Sep 21, 2011
Auch
Matthew Wiltshire's son, Cameron, is a new scholar for this season.

I went to ipswich that season with matt wiltshire(minibus from peacehaven),1-1 draw,gary stevens late equaliser

was at tideway at the same time

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here