Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordons gaffe

Greyrun

Feb 23, 2009
After meeting an elderly labour voter up north who expressed her fears about the economy,education,immigration and the workshy dopey Gordon forgets to turn off his mike and in his car calls her a bigot oh dear.

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Election: Brown 'bigoted woman' jibe caught on tape

Prime Minister Gordon Brown has been caught on microphone describing a voter he had just spoken to in Rochdale as a "bigoted woman".

The 65-year-old woman had challenged Mr Brown on a number of issues including immigration, crime and the economy during the exchange.
As he got into his car, he was still wearing a broadcast microphone and was heard to say "that was a disaster".
It comes after Labour vowed for him to meet more ordinary voters.
The comments were made as he got into his car after speaking to Gillian Duffy, not realising that he had a Sky News microphone pinned to his shirt.
He told an aide: "That was a disaster - they should never have put me with that woman. Whose idea was that? It's just ridiculous..."
Asked what she had said, he replied: "Everything, she was just a bigoted woman."
Mrs Duffy, a widow, said: "I haven't had a chance to listen to it yet but if that's what he said I'm very upset. I'm very annoyed."

:laugh:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
Just a quick question, but anyone who has seen it know if her comments actually were bigoted? If not, this could really cause him problems.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
Just a quick question, but anyone who has seen it know if her comments actually were bigoted? If not, this could really cause him problems.

Don't know, but calling a 65 year old (normally) Labour voting gran a bigot, doesn't really seem an election winner to me:facepalm:

Kumquat

Mar 2, 2009
No - appreciate that but i just meant in scale. If she's not said anything bigoted then he will be seen as completely un reasonable. If she has then some people might have sympathy with him. On past reputation I would suspect it's the former but would be interesting to know. Just can't access the video of it where i am.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P

quick question perhaps discussing immigration rather than their tactic calling anyone who did a bigot might be one of labours downfalls. Rather than simply slandering people who do not want to buy the entire world a f***ing coke like them and calling them bigots and paying lip service to an issue that is straining britain perhaps they might not be so hated in parts of their former heartlands?

hahahahahahaha best thing to happen all YEAR. I am bigoted too. Against one eyed scotch cnts who help wreck parts of my country simply to help people in others they feel more sorry for, over the people they were formed to represent.

Chickens well and truly home to roost. she may well be a bigot. but labour have turned a hell of a lot of people into them over the last 13 years.

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
You see, I saw Gordon's response as a fairly quick, accurate assessment and response to what was in front of him. All the things I look for in a leader.

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
You see, I saw Gordon's response as a fairly quick, accurate assessment and response to what was in front of him. All the things I look for in a leader.

yes if you want to be led by a complete C UNT.

Mind you you fancied milliband for PM the other day so like prisoners and looneys you are disqualified.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
quick question perhaps discussing immigration rather than calling anyone who did a bigot might be one of labours downfalls rather than simply slandering people who do not want to be the entire world a f***ing coke like them?

hahahahahahaha best thing to happen all YEAR. I am bigoted too. Against one eyed scotch cnts who help wreck parts of my country simply to help people in others they feel more sorry for, over the people they were formed to represent.

I wonder what 'off mike' response you'd get ?

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
well that about wraps it up for Gordo.

simmo

Feb 8, 2008
From Sky, start calling the removal men Gordon, cheerio

Gordon Brown has apologised after he was caught on microphone in an unguarded moment - calling a pensioner "bigoted".To view this content you need Flash and Javascript enabled in your browser.

The Prime Minister was confronted by 66-year-old Gillian Duffy while on the campaign trail in Rochdale.

He spent nearly five minutes answering her questions and told her: "It's been very good to meet you."

He smiled at the woman and then got into a waiting car.

However, a microphone picked up his words to an aide as he drove away.

Mr Brown was caught saying: "That was a disaster.

"You should never have put me with that woman.

"Whose idea was that?"

Mr Brown went on: "It's just ridiculous."

His aide then asked: "What did she say?"

Mr Brown replied: "Oh, everything, she's just a sort of bigoted woman who said she used to vote Labour."

The Prime Minister had been chatting to the woman about her pension credit, crime, education, as well as immigration, before the gaffe.

She questioned the Prime Minister about immigrants from eastern Europe and then congratulated him on his education policies in Rochdale as he walked away.

Later, Sky's Niall Paterson got Mrs Duffy to listen to a recording of the Prime Minister's comments, including his description of her as "bigoted".

She said she was "very disappointed" and added that the PM owed her an apology.

She told Sky News: "It was very upsetting. I am very upset.

"He's an educated person, why is he coming up with words like that?"

Mr Brown has now appeared on BBC Radio 2 to say he "apologises profusely" for his words.

He was played a recording of his comments by interviewer Jeremy Vine, and put his head in his hands as he listened.

Speaking on Sky News, the shadow chancellor George Osborne said: "We have found out the Prime Minister's internal thoughts and I think they speak for themselves.

"The Prime Minister has a lot of explaining to do."

More follows...

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Why did he let Sky put a mike on him and, if he had no choice, why didn't he just get rid of it as soon as the meeting was over? He knows that Murdoch is out to get him and they would 'accidentally' leave it running for as long as they could get away with it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here