Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gordon Greer comments - is everyone on CRACK?

Chesney Christ

Sep 3, 2003
Location, Location
What on earth is going on with the anti-Gordon Greer comments on here? Has there been some sort of collective mental breakdown amongst Brighton fans?

This is the guy who came 2nd in our Player of The Season vote last season.

He started this season equally well, but has recently had a couple of bad games........ all of a sudden he is "not up to it". He's the best ball-playing centre half I have ever seen for the Albion (been going regularly since 88/89 season) by a long chalk.

He's had 2-3 bad games. Thats 2-3 bad games.

Get a f***ing grip, the lot of ya.

Last edited:

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
What on earth is going on with the anti-Gordon Greer comments on here? Has there been some sort of collective mental breakdown amongst Brighton fans?

He started this season equally well, but has recently had a couple of bad games........ all of a sudden he is "not up to it". He's the best ball-playing centre half I have ever seen for the Albion (been going regularly since 88/89 season) by a long chalk.

It's called people expressing their opinions. If you don't like it then an Internet message board is not the place for you!

For what it's worth, I love Greer but in the last three games his performances have been very poor.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
He appeared to have a good old rant at Kooshak, for not getting anywhere near the ball that he (Grrrrreer) deflected into the net.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
His distribution seems to have become a real problem.

You can see the midfield quaking in their boots when he gets the ball.

How many times does he give it to them when they are not expecting it or when its not on?

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Best defensive record in the league.
The problem is, we aren't scoring goals. Defending is not the issue.

4-p

Sep 3, 2011
Shoreham
He really can ping a ball...

The Frank Leboeuf of the championship!

And he's fearless if a little short fused.

he's eager to play the ball away, in a way that it won't come straight back, ie: hit Buckley on the run. He doesn't like to hit Macca's feet from a distance either.

Maybe him and Macca still don't get on?

Biancazzurro

Aug 9, 2011
Hassocks
Yeah I noticed that, really pissed me off, he seems to think that being captain is just about being angry all the time, when perhaps encouragement is sometimes more relevant.

Mar 13, 2012
The Kooshak/Greer argument stemmed from an incident about 60 seconds before the goal when Kuszczak had called to claim a cross from the left and Greer ignored the call and sent it upfield where we lost possesion cheaply. Didn't see any reference to another incident at the Ipswich game on NSC when the same two players squared up to each other in the box. Goalkeeper and captain seemingly not on same wavelength at the moment.

The Merry Prankster

Pactum serva
Aug 19, 2006
Shoreham Beach
He really can ping a ball...

The Frank Leboeuf of the championship!

And he's fearless if a little short fused.

he's eager to play the ball away, in a way that it won't come straight back, ie: hit Buckley on the run. He doesn't like to hit Macca's feet from a distance either.

Maybe him and Macca still don't get on?

He's not fearless. Quite the opposite. Doesn't like the physical game at all. Comes over all big and tough when there's no danger.

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London

his distribution is as good as Baresi. Greer is so good he cannot even get in the Scottish team.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here