Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Street View!!!

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
How long is this going to take?

too bloody long, apparently the Southampton ones were up 6months later....which for Brighton/Hove area would've been August.

blackprince

Jul 16, 2007
Its been in the area for a couple of months at least. I'm sure it was the early part of July that I first saw it parked overnight outside the police station in Holland Road.

Fef

Rock God.
Feb 21, 2009
This Google car was seen in Hove back in April - it would seem they're taking their time to get the pictures up.

Attachments

• Google Car.jpg
    Google Car.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 109

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
I love the fact people are getting all upset that burglars might see the pictures and decide to do their houses over.

Like (1) most burglars are that organised and (2) you can see anything you wouldn't be able to see ordinarily simply by going outside and walking down the street.

Not so much the street view which I totally agree with you. I get very unexcited by HD television because as I'm always explaining it's only just catching up wth my eyes.

However, the aerial views are an eye opener and have already been cited in court in a case where some enterprising gentlement were going round the country stealing lead from roofs.

I'd imagine at the bank job / Bond Street . Quick getaway end of the market, Google Earth has become a tool of the trade. I'm trying to move at the moment and have spent hours on Google Earth, checking out streets and the quickest ways to the tube etc..

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here