Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Earth - Sussex in high detail finally!

OGH9

Dec 5, 2006
Brighton
Oh, and the pictures have to be no older than 2002, as I can see the John Deere tractor, and we certainly didn't have it any time before 2002/03.

1066gull

OK, better.

Windows Live Local is from around 1996.

Google Earth is from around 2003.

Just did comparisons and our back garden is really empty on Windows Live, and on Google, the John Deere tractor is in there. Shame its not this year as my dad built a bran new building and the farm is a real transformation.

Trust the bloody cows being bloody useless and not out grazing as they always do:lolol:

Jimbo26

Jan 25, 2007
Portslade Old Village
Cheshire Cat said:
anybody know where this is?
maps
The new Wembley ?

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Google Earth is years out of date. The Angmering bypass hasn't even been started on there.
Work actually started in the Autumn of 2001, earth moving began in April 2002.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The Large One said:
At least three years old. Just looking what is now the 'New England Quarter'. It's still a wasteland/car park.

No point in us looking for Sporting Colours 94A Gloucester Road Brighton then :(

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Live Local is around late 2004/early 2005. There has been some building work on new england quarter and the Jubilee library appears open.

I reckon in London, bits are more up to date. For example, a building towards the Warren Street end of Tottenham Court Road is shown as under construction, and it was only finished recently this year, so it must be from some point in 2006.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
OK, better.

Windows Live Local is from around 1996.

Google Earth is from around 2003.

Local.Live is certainly not from 1996, well at least not over Brighton and Hove as Withdean is a football stadium and Goldstone a retail park.

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
Very good!:)

As for Withdean, Windows Live is better for it - if you change the angle to 3d settings i think you get a cracking shot, seats and all!

it's true

it is actually better then being there :down:

Lady Bracknell

Handbag at Dawn
Jul 5, 2003
The Metropolis
I dunno how often the satellite passes over this way but the grass was suspiciously well cut (that rules out this summer!) and neither of the cars are in the driveway which makes me wonder whether we only had one of them at the time. Which suggests that the current pic is a couple of years old.

Joey Jo Jo Jr. Shabadoo

I believe in Joe Hendry
Oct 4, 2003
The picture of where I live on local.live has changed today, its still at least 3 years old as I haven't had the car that is parked outside my place since April 04.

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
Wow. First time I've really looked at Google Earth. My car's in its parking space - I'm at home!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here