Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Earth - how SAD is this ?

Re: The Emirates. 192.com have fixed the issue with the stadium only appearing after you have zoomed in but the guy and his mower is still there!

Perhaps you could repeat the exercise with 192.com after you have done with Google Earth.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
On google maps, the Emirates is still being built and it appears that the Highbury pitch is being irrigated.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
On this website, it says this on the Brighton page....

Brighton & Hove Albion Facts
Nobody has added any facts about Brighton & Hove Albion.
Know an interesting fact about Brighton & Hove Albion? Submit it here

Come on lads - we must have some interesting facts.

Nope. Nothing springs to mind.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
OK, hows this.
Brighton and Leicester City are the only teams ever to have won the Charity Shield without having won the League or the FA Cup.

Brighton were Southern League champions, whilst Leicester were Second Division champions in 1971, and were invited to play FA Cup runners-up Liverpool owing to the Double-winning Arsenal team having to fulfill some pre-arranged pre-season fixtures.

Actually, thats not really very interesting is it.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Have you got the "3D Buildings" option ticked, Easy?

Attachments

• VP 1.JPG
    VP 1.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 61
  • VP 2.JPG
    VP 2.JPG
    114.6 KB · Views: 62

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
I was trying to work out the timeline. The Emirates opened July 2006, the new Wembley opened March 2007. Both of these are under construction with the stands up but no pitch. I reckon the pictures must be from around 2005.

the pictures are a composite of different images stitched together, they aren't necessarily all from the same time (at least thats the case with google maps).

it's not really though, not when you're here.

i was looking at Stanley Park yesterday on Googlemap and the 2 grounds there are stupidly close, why they don't ground share i'll never know ...

and if you look at the land Liverpool plan on building the new ground on, I'm not sure how they got permisssion to build soemthing like that on a public park.

an everton fan was telling me how they applied to re route a road around Goodison slightly into the park to redevelop the ground - the council rejected the plan, yet when liverpool FC apply to take a huge piece of park, the council approve.

except of course the leaader of liverpool city council is an Evertonian.

and btw, very little chance of liverpool being allowed/able to build on that site

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here