Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Chrome

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Has anyone found a way of putting a picture on your desktop from Google Chrome, or is saving it first the only way?

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Chrome doesn't allow directly setting an image located in your browser to be your wallpaper (which is I assume what you mean by 'putting a picture on your desktop').

Some would say rightly so since when you do this with IE it sticks the image somewhere temporary such that when you have a system clean-up you suddenly lose your wallpaper.

One way you could achieve it is install the IE-in-a-tab Chrome extension. When you get to a page that has an image you want, click to open the page in an IE tab and then use right click from there to set your wallpaper. (Sounds long-winded but will take you about 30 seconds from now, even if you don't have the extension installed yet.)

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
How many on NSC use chrome? I recently installed it to my laptop at home, it runs much faster than IE and Firefox. Pity it cant be installed at work.

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
How many on NSC use chrome? I recently installed it to my laptop at home, it runs much faster than IE and Firefox. Pity it cant be installed at work.

Installed it a while back, used it for a bit then went back to Firefox. Can't remember exact reasons but think Firefox was more user friendly or probably because i don't like change!

beardosh

Insert witty comment here
Dec 14, 2009

It's my default for both home and work. What' s stopping you install it at work? Although my company network blocks the download of it, you can search for a offline install which works for me!

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Yeh, migrated from Firefox which has become too heavy and prone to crash, more than happy with it.

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
Chrome has adblock and other extensions now, which was the initial attraction of Firefox.

Installed it earlier, just to test web apps in different browsers.

I usually use Firefox, and Adblock Plus is the thing I really miss if I have to use IE.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here