Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Google Chrome (new browser)

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
not yet but i will do... i expect it'll be very good as it is done by google

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Well it is still a BETA!

I think Google's big name(regardless of the product) could help make it a success.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Using it now, seems OK, a little different to look at, but seems to do the same sort of stuff. Still think I prefer IE7, not tried IE8 yet.

Having said that, you do get a bit more stuff on the screen less taken up by menu bars and that.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Not bad, very stripped down compared to other browsers. Seems to have no problems loading stuff that other browsers need addons for. Load speed is not bad, possibly slightly slower because of the way it multithreads tasks. I expect Google will link it more closely to iGoogle and other applications that they have, but that may not be a bad thing. I give it a week before someone finds a fatal exploit though!

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
chromebs0.jpg

very aesthetically pleasing. has a built-in spell checker too!

Fungus

NSC Patron
May 21, 2004
Truro
...you do get a bit more stuff on the screen less taken up by menu bars and that.

Try pressing F11 on any browser... more stuff on the screen!

Sam

Formerly "Sambo"
Jul 22, 2003
Oxfordshire
is there any way to take off the "Other Bookmarks" bit but leave the rest of the bookmarks bar there?

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
is there any way to take off the "Other Bookmarks" bit but leave the rest of the bookmarks bar there?

right click on them and delete them.
Just downloaded bit like firefox really

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
i think he means the actual option for "other bookmarks" on the far right of the toolbar, which I'm not sure there is

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
I don't like the fonts, I don't like googles policy of knowing my internet business and I definatly don't like the way it sucks your locked usernames and passwords in from your current browser without telling you...

I'm holding off !!!

mattb

Mar 18, 2008
I don't like the fonts, I don't like googles policy of knowing my internet business and I definatly don't like the way it sucks your locked usernames and passwords in from your current browser without telling you...

I'm holding off !!!

it does tell you, in fact, you choose whether it does it or not :thumbsup:

also, i don't think google is the only internet company guilty for knowing your internet business

you can choose your own fonts

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here