Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to a friend (cat related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
I'm with you on this one, Glas. I'll never understand people that don't respect animals to the same extent that they, presumably, respect humans. Anyone that has fostered an abandoned animal can see that they are capable of the same emotive responses as people, whether voluntary, or autonomic. Those who have mocked on this thread - the black humour makes me laugh but not the inability to empathise - should try looking into a dying animal's eyes and see if they still feel the same lack of respect.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
It was a joke. Dear oh dear.

Appologies for not spotting the sarcasm, but take into account that put into the context of some of the crap being spouted on this thread, it was credible as a serious post.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Harvey our only male cat made his last journey to the vet today he was about 14 we fostered then adopted him after he was hit by a car in our village he lost several of his teeth (one through his lip) and had a fractured skull,and was partially blind.
we have had the pleasure of his friendship for about 5 years and he has had a melanoma on his ear displaced hips and gradually been going blind in that time and today his darkness and pain came to an end, he was in my arms when he went.
see you on the other side my friend
RIP Harvey
Its bloody hard bud,my mums two jack russells aged 17 although mine aswel have had to be put to sleep(one last month and one last week).Its very hard waiting and then holding your beloved pet while they inject.I could never leave my pet while they inject as thats awful,you must stay and say fairwell properly.

Bloody great memories and they can rest in peace now:)

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
For those of you who mock. It appears to work both ways.

article-1362275-0D71038F000005DC-41_468x643.jpg

Shortly after Lance Corporal Liam Tasker was killed in a firefight with the Taliban, his devoted Army search dog Theo suffered a seizure and passed away too.

Read more: Bomb-sniffing Army dog dies of broken heart after Taliban kill his master | Mail Online

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
That, is not comparable to this in anyway.

If you say so. But if you don't get it I can't be arsed to explain it. Glas will get it even though he is not a dog man.

Stumpy Tim

No one is saying he shouldn't be upset by his pet dieing. It's the ridiculous RIP posts afterwards that come across as rather ridiculous. I, for one, don't get the need for people to post details of their personal lives on here like that. Each to their own I guess, but if you're going to do so then you can expect some grief back IMO

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
If you say so. But if you don't get it I can't be arsed to explain it. Glas will get it even though he is not a dog man.

we have had dogs as well Skip and yes I got it man and dog working as one and I for one cannot either be arsed to explain myself I did put (cat related) in the title but still some thought it OK to take the piss.
Sir Albions post has it about right until you have been there yourself and held them while the life drains from them nobody but nobody can have to right to take the piss.
I have very broad shoulders maybe because I have been at my mothers death bed and had to cut down some poor sod in a prison cell who decided to end it, manned up during a prison riot when the police and army were running in the other direction,so I think that gives me the right to publically grieve on this very small forum where there are some like minded people.
Albion till I die

NOW MODS PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD AS IT OFFENDS SOME

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here