Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye to a friend (cat related)

Status
Not open for further replies.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Harvey our only male cat made his last journey to the vet today he was about 14 we fostered then adopted him after he was hit by a car in our village he lost several of his teeth (one through his lip) and had a fractured skull,and was partially blind.
we have had the pleasure of his friendship for about 5 years and he has had a melanoma on his ear displaced hips and gradually been going blind in that time and today his darkness and pain came to an end, he was in my arms when he went.
see you on the other side my friend
RIP Harvey

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Cookie and Ava will say a little prayer for him tonight - RIP

mistahclarke

Jul 28, 2009
another one not to see Falmer :shakes head:

Sad story, but sounds the best resolution to his pain, god bless him and I hope he is enjoying himself in cat heaven with all the catnip he desires.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sad news. Without wishing to seem critical or offensive, did you not think about having him put down before now? Seems as though he had a rough time.

Claude, Sooty, Smudge and Tango will be awaiting his arrival in the litter tray in the sky.

Conkers

Jan 11, 2006
Haywards Heath
Sad news. Without wishing to seem critical or offensive, did you not think about having him put down before now? Seems as though he had a rough time.

Claude, Sooty, Smudge and Tango will be awaiting his arrival in the litter tray in the sky.

Smudge is easily the best name for a cat :thumbsup:

Shropshire Seagull

Nov 5, 2004
Telford
We lost our Gemma 2 years ago - just turned 18 but had been struggling with diabeties [I'm diabetic myself] and when her sight began to fail we knew it was time to let her go.
Very hard to let a friend go after 18 long years - I used to joke to my daughters that Gemma was their big sister - but it was for the best and the time was right.
Still miss her now ....

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Smudge is easily the best name for a cat :thumbsup:

:thumbsup:

Smudge was a rescue cat. She almost died just after we adopted her (at 18 months), but lived until she was 19. She happened to die the same weekend that Alan Smith broke something and the Man Utd players revealed T-shirts when they scored for Smudge. I like to think they had heard about her death. :jester:

'sladegull

fat boy fat
Aug 11, 2007
'slade
RIP Harvey ....he was lucky to have you for the years he had ..

.....was thinking of you earlier as one of mine up to no good again ...will save questions for another time.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne

he had found it hard to find the litter tray in the last few weeks and had started middening(peeing and pooing) near the tray which we took as a sign of stress, he was eating very little and drinking loads and had become fearful of the other cats although had no reason to be so.

We lost our Gemma 2 years ago - just turned 18 but had been struggling with diabeties [I'm diabetic myself] and when her sight began to fail we knew it was time to let her go.
Very hard to let a friend go after 18 long years - I used to joke to my daughters that Gemma was their big sister - but it was for the best and the time was right.
Still miss her now ....
we lost Kizzy a few months ago she was 21 and went off to a neighbours summer house curled up and died there,she unfortunately was a very tortured soul (see my website for her story)
they are both buried along with Ginger Vincent and Kitty it is hard to lose them and I very often find myself talking to them while in the garden.
they are all in a better place .........lets hope there plenty of room left for us

tonymgc

Banned
May 8, 2010
Drive by abusing
Sorry to hear about your loss. The part pets play in a family is hugely understated. Don't know what i'd do if i lost any of my three (Ozzy, Dora & Kitt)

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Sad to hear that. RIP Harvey. Just gave mine a big hug thinking of your loss. Adopted her when she was 18 months, that was 3 years ago and don't know how distraught I'd be if anything happened to her. Harvey from sounds of things was as lucky to share time with you, as you were with him.

portlander

Jul 16, 2003
Portland, Maine, USA
Sorry to hear that glas. We have three, one of whom is 16 and still going very strong - then again if someone fed me twice a day and let me sleep for most of the rest of it, I'd be going a lot stronger at this point too!

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Poor old Harvey, I hear there's plenty of pussy in cat heaven though.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Sorry to hear about Harvey. He may have had a rough time of it but he was lucky to see out his years in a home where he was loved. Hang on to those good times. I feel like your cats are part of the NSC family.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here