Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Goodbye Russell Slade

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
His brief was surely to keep us up, regardless of circumstances. Since this looks unlikely, and not a great deal has really changed - tactics, player selection, substitutions - I'd be bitterly disappointed not to see a MASS clearout in the summer, top to bottom. Bring in a completely new backroom team please, anything less will be tainted with this season's disaster-ness.

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
His brief was surely to keep us up, regardless of circumstances. Since this looks unlikely, and not a great deal has really changed - tactics, player selection, substitutions - I'd be bitterly disappointed not to see a MASS clearout in the summer, top to bottom. Bring in a completely new backroom team please, anything less will be tainted with this season's disaster-ness.

OK, but so far we haven't had one realistic suggestion of who we can get in who's going to:

a) Want the job
b) Do a better job

Can't see Wise and Poyet coming here somehow.

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Forster & Oatway dream team with Chapman back in to assist.

johnny jigsaw

"My life's in pieces"
OK, but so far we haven't had one realistic suggestion of who we can get in who's going to:

a) Want the job
b) Do a better job

Can't see Wise and Poyet coming here somehow.

I think we'll be a quite attractive prospect for a manager next season, if we do go down. The number of players out of contract will give a new man plenty of scope to build his own team (if allowed by the chairman), but we will have the nucleous of a decent squad - Elphick, Cox, Lynch, Murray, McNulty, Forster, Davies are all good players in this league, if they stay around.

Falmer will be (fingers crossed) only 2 seasons away, that'll be a big draw, and I honestly don't think it'll take too much to build us into a League 2 promotion winning side for the right manager & coaching staff.

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
FFS.Give Slade the job now and even if we go down he must be getting a clue who he thinks should stay.We dont want any ego managers like Wise or Ince,and a new manager will not know our squad at all.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here