Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good Things Dick Knight Has done!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
MattewEdwards ShinPads said:
No If I were i'd out traing for Villa wouldn't i?

I think you are!

Every post you have made on here is how wonderful DK is and how everyone who holds the contrary view is somehow disloyal.

I used to have a triang motorway system......it was brilliant

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
ben andrews' girlfriend said:
are you telling porkies?
Nope.
Dick was instrumental in its invention and marketing during the 60's under the trademark "Binney & Smith" (later to become Mattell). He discovered it through merging an existing rubber compound with silicone oil and boric acid, to produce a new type of rubber - extra bouncy and capable of absorbing standard newspaper print. It was also modified and used as an impact shock absorber on the Hillman Imp when they first went into production in 1968.

James Wright was Dicks accountant at the time. He often claims the credit for its invention, but it was really DICK who was the driving force.

Last edited:

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Lammy said:
Peter Ward was the most popular player we've ever had. But I don't want him playing now.

Dick Knight deserves a Knighthood for the things he has done for this club and I hope he will still be around to take a well deserved round of applause at Falmer. I'd even be happy to name a stand after him. However this does not mean that I'm not allowed to question his leadership and general running of things from time to time. There are very few fans on this site that would actually want him to go. However we come on this site to talk about (amongst other things) the Albion.

Spot on.

But remember questioning results/tactics/player selections is disloyality of the highest magnitude, well according to someone who has only ever see us play at Withers:lolol:

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
Lammy said:
Peter Ward was the most popular player we've ever had. But I don't want him playing now.

Dick Knight deserves a Knighthood for the things he has done for this club and I hope he will still be around to take a well deserved round of applause at Falmer. I'd even be happy to name a stand after him. However this does not mean that I'm not allowed to question his leadership and general running of things from time to time. There are very few fans on this site that would actually want him to go. However we come on this site to talk about (amongst other things) the Albion.

I am not saying DK is perfect and I have NEVER said that questioning what he is up to his disloyal. Also every post I make is not about how great he his. My point was to generate a bit of perspective, there was a post on here today saying DICK KNIGHT out which IMHO is ridiculous! I just think that he does a very hard job trying to please us and as you say this is a forum for aopnion so no real need to get defensive its only my attempt at a pro DK thread to combat the negative ones THATS ALL!!!!

dunno

Old Skool
Jul 6, 2003
At work - probably
LANGDON SEAGULL said:

God when I think back to the initial reaction of the fans to the appointment of Steve Gritt - Archer's stooge etc!! - I still think he was hard done by DK - I think he won more games than MM has done over the last 12 months

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
I am not saying DK is perfect and I have NEVER said that questioning what he is up to his disloyal. Also every post I make is not about how great he his. My point was to generate a bit of perspective, there was a post on here today saying DICK KNIGHT out which IMHO is ridiculous! I just think that he does a very hard job trying to please us and as you say this is a forum for aopnion so no real need to get defensive its only my attempt at a pro DK thread to combat the negative ones THATS ALL!!!!

Stop trying to wriggle out of it.

You are one of them uberfans in disguise

You are not a member of Ernies ARS.

A fart on you Sir

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Re-invented the 'glasses on a piece of cord' fashion statement.

Made white beards cool again at a time when being a Ken Bates-alike was tantmount to asking for a kicking.

Getting rid of Bill Archer in the boardroom.

Getting in Skint / Fatboy Slim into the brand identity

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
May the yule time log fall from your fire and burn your house down

Feb 16, 2006
Hove
My satan shit on your head and..............hang on were all Albion fans here shouldn't we save this kinda slanging match for the palace knobheads

"awaits AJLM and Croydonbloke to get involved!"

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
My satan shit on your head and..............hang on were all Albion fans here shouldn't we save this kinda slanging match for the palace knobheads

"awaits AJLM and Croydonbloke to get involved!"
Nooo! Keep going. It's only Dave the Gaffer, he's old and smells of humbugs and wee-wee.

Thread back on track please.

Can i add that he's trebled the spending on silver polish needed at this club.

Oh good. then I shall

THREE TROPHIES and much clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: :clap2: :clap2: :drink: :drink: along the way

dick night:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here