Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

good things 'bout Liverpool

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
The Grand National; There She Goes and Liverpool FC circa 1996 (impossible to dislike) are three things I like about Liverpool. And Steve McManaman. I like him as well.

If it was goal difference we could have been playing Southport....

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Have we heard from Jimmy Case pre-match?

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
when i last went to Anfield, inside a local boozer i was overwhelmed by the incredible history of the club, represented on all the walls of the pub by scarfes of visiting clubs. immense. as was the Kop - even as a seated stand.

however, the roads around the ground were covered in dog turd and houses full of broken/boarded up windows. sorry couldn't resist.

dejavuatbtn

Aug 4, 2010
Henfield
Well I got a ticket to the 1974 cup final to see them trash Newcastle. The ticket was slap bang in the middle of the Kop and their fans were very welcoming and impressed that I wore their colours on the day.
They didn't piss down my legs once.

chucky1973

Nov 3, 2010
Crawley
Geniune Football fans and very welcoming when I have been there.
Bread
Steve Gerrard......The midfielder (along with Scholes) the country has produced in recent times
Liverpool street Babes (google it)
They hate the Mancs
Everton (watched Everton v Woking the day after Brighton played there in the 2-2 draw)
King Kenny and his daughter

Gus is god

Banned
Sep 9, 2011
They like to rob but the city its self is stunning.

seagulls

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I like Liverpool.

On my very first visit to the place, I went into a pub near the station and after a couple of minutes a geezer legged it through the boozer and out through the back door, closely followed by two coppers. That really set the scene for me.

There are loads of good things about the place: the football fans really do know their stuff - and are very fair minded. Anfield in full cry was an incredible spectacle. The Walker Gallery is worth a visit, the bogs in the Philharmonic pub are one of Britain's national treasures. The Mersey Ferry is an iconic trip.The Everyman is one of the country's top theatres, having nurtured lots of writing and acting talent. And I used to like drinking Higson's (RIP)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here