Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good things about Withdean

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
1 The old grounds at Feethams and Gay Meadow were considered the prettiest in the league. Neither of them is in the same class of sylvan beauty as the idyll that is Withdean.

2 The lack of a roof gives fair weather fans a valid excuse for missing lots of home games.

3 It is a good ground for train spotting. Only Kidderminster Harriers is better.

4 The South Stand centre is an ideal spot to abuse visiting managers like Nicky Law or Ronnie Moore.

5 The athletics track is good for parades. Why not have a vintage car rally with each vehicle driven by a topless model male or female.

6 It has provided us with the phrase, "When we get to Falmer."

7 The dressing rooms and player facilities are far better than the Goldstone.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
It is good for running, which I do twice a week there. However when the floodlights are on at night, due to it's wooded location it resembles a concentration camp.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
bacon baguettes :)

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
It is good for running, which I do twice a week there. However when the floodlights are on at night, due to it's wooded location it resembles a concentration camp.

'It is good for running, which I do twice a week there, once a month.' I believe is what you actually meant.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
'It is good for running, which I do twice a week there, once a month.' I believe is what you actually meant.

No, I mean twice a week. I missed two weeks. Do you remember the last time you went? I did a 10k run and you pansied around hopping up and down steps?

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
We've won loads of stuff there, it's been the scene of some of the best occasions I've ever had as an Albion fan. Genuinely, I shall miss the place for that reason: those games against Chesterfield, Swindon etc, the Zamora era, unforgettable stuff.

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
No, I mean twice a week. I missed two weeks. Do you remember the last time you went? I did a 10k run and you pansied around hopping up and down steps?

I remember you doing 9.6km and me doing 6km, lapping you twice. Then while I waited an age for you to finish (were you walking?) I did some plyometric training on the steps.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
I remember you doing 9.6km and me doing 6km, lapping you twice. Then while I waited an age for you to finish (were you walking?) I did some plyometric training on the steps.

Ha. That is good.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
LADIES... take your domestic spat elsewhere please.

11. The bogs aren't one great big freezing iceblock of piss (like at the Goldstone)
12. It's somewhere where nearly every bloke over 30 from Brighton can say they've played football at a league ground.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here