Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good point that tonight, showed a good togetherness and a lot of heart.

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN
Nobody could have complained if the ref had given a penalty there or/and given a second yellow and that is what we don't need right now[/

I would have been fecking furious if a penalty had been given, because it wasn't one. You must have been too busy thinking of your next wind up to have been paying attention. I wouldn't have had much argument about a second yellow though.

I've seen penalties given further out, Southampton 2 years ago for one. You never give the referee a chance to even things up especially after the goal that never was

Since1982

Sep 30, 2006
Burgess Hill
Showed some real balls tonight at times I thought. Fought well and some good pace when going forward. Conway starting to look a player as well as a real shift from Barnes. A bit of luck as well. A turning point?

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
Good positive thread. Agree there were a lot of positives. Sure, we rode our luck, but better than the 1-3 loss we suffered last season. I think the corner might have been turned.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think as long as we just tick over until the top men return, then tonight showed that we have the potential.....it was promising.

joeinbrighton

Nov 20, 2012
Brighton
Thought both teams were more potent on the right than on the left. Barnes was the pick of the Brighton players for me. He put in a real shift for Brighton as a lone frontman against Watford's 3 man central defence. Overall, I thought it was a really good game and both teams played their part, especially considering the conditions could have made the game a poor spectacle when considering that both teams have a passing philosophy. In the event, the conditions did not have a detrimental effect on the match. Brighton will pick up as more players return from injury.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
Er!...... I thought Jakey had a good game.

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
1st half was dreadful - no intensity, no pressure when we didn't have the ball and too slow when we did have it.

2nd half was much better - moved the ball much quicker which meant players had more time and space in the final 3rd, also fought noticibly harder when we didn't have the ball.

South Stand Rebel

Sep 6, 2012
Bypassed the middle too often. Lots of hoofball. Thought JFC looked very lightweight. Bruno should be on for a whole match, his legs are gone after 45 minutes, then he makes very late tackles. But there were a lot of positives.

stugbhafc1

Stuie G
Aug 4, 2011
Southwick
I think as long as we just tick over until the top men return, then tonight showed that we have the potential.....it was promising.
Cant be pining everything on the returning players as might take them a while to get back to full speed especially the long term ones. Need to produce a bit more lucky to get a point tonight

Rich Suvner

Skint years RIP
Jul 17, 2003
Worthing
Watford had a few of the classier players I've seen at the Amex and at points played very nice slick passing football with excellent movement on and off the ball, particularly in the final third.
With a half-strength team we did well to keep our heads up after the immediate set back and there's quite a few positives to take. Buckley had one of his better games this season, Barnes worked ridiculously hard and gave it some. Yes we got a bit of luck too. I'd like to see greater options when we're in possession sometimes though, leaving 20-30 yard gaps. It often seems everyone runs away from the player in possession, whereas Watford almost always had a 10 yd passing option.
It's still a work in progress and some sloppy passing needs to be ironed out but a good point tonight.

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Er!...... I thought Jakey had a good game.

What a game of opinions this is. I thought JFC was utterly anonymous in the first half. Picked up a bit in the second, I guess.

skipper734

Registered ruffian
Aug 9, 2008
Curdridge
What a game of opinions this is. I thought JFC was utterly anonymous in the first half. Picked up a bit in the second, I guess.

I bow to your opinion Edna. You were there and I was only watching on what was supposed to be an HD stream, which may have lead to some confusion. Anyway they let him talk to the press after the match, so I guess he's come of age, in a footballing sense.

I thought that we were a bit congested in the midfield a lot of getting in each others way 1st Half and I think this is what contributed to a lot of mistakes even though we seemed good down the flank with buckley , Bruno obvioulsy has some ideas in the locker just seems sometimes to be slow to use them .... 2nd half after the shock of nearly going 2 down we seemed to get it together and in crofts got a very dependable player to pop up for a goal or two .... like others though would love to see us back to full strength but there are good signs all the same.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here