Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good podcasts?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
I really like The Guardian's Football Weekly. Wish they didn't do so much European football but James Richardson is a great host and it's not as serious as it could be. The Game is a bit shit without Phill Jupitus, and also has the misfortune of having Alison Rudd, who is thoroughly the worst pundit I've ever heard!

Another vote for Guardian Football weekly, it's excellent.

I would say Adam and Joe and Russell Brand's but unfortunately they are both stopped.

As another poster said, download The Ricky Gervais Guide to... series.

Rhod Gilbert and Jon Richardson are both worth a shout.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How did these recommendations, pan out?, and are there any more.
Just curious, like.

Bluejuice

Lazy as a rug on Valium
Sep 2, 2004
The free state of Kemp Town
How many new fans are there of the Football Ramble?

It has well overtaken the excellent Guardian Football Weekly as my most anticipated podcast of each week

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
How many new fans are there of the Football Ramble?

It has well overtaken the excellent Guardian Football Weekly as my most anticipated podcast of each week
For me, it's now probably 2nd in the anticipation stakes, behind Fighting Talk.
That's after about 3 months of listening.
But something pretty drastic will have to happen to FT, for it to be nos1.

smudge

Up the Albion!
Jul 8, 2003
On the ocean wave
Enjoying the Ramble very much after the tip on here from Bluejuice, but personally still love Football Weekly the most.
I still listen to the Game (Times) but God it's so f***ing snooty. Oliver f***ing Kay on the f***ing phone, please f*** off!
Fighting Talk depends on the guests really.
5 live football daily's are good for keeping up to speed when you're away. Especially the Monday Night club, love it.
f*** I miss my football when I'm away!

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
definitely Figthing Talk, especially when Bob Mills or Henning (can't remember the surname) is on.

edit: Henning Wehn.

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
I would say Adam and Joe and Russell Brand's but unfortunately they are both stopped.

My back-catalogue of Russell Brand podcasts is one of my most treasured posessions (not really but you get the idea...), it is truly fantastic and Matt Morgan was the best co-host ever - the way he took the piss out of Brand and the way Brand then latched onto it and sent himself up was amazing.

Anyone who hates Russell Brand would do well to listen to some of his podcasts, he comes across as a genuinely funny and actually quite warm-hearted (if deeply flawed) bloke. Definetely very different to the stage/tabloid persona anyway.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here