Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good old youtube...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I was in a back street English bar, in Madiera.
With a middle aged, nice couple, who were Bristol City fans, saying they didn't want us in the final, cos we'd win.
And a drunk Scot, who for no reason, seemed to hate me. He spent the entire game going nose to nose with me incomprehensibly shouting at me.
To the point I felt I couldn't even celebrate Virgo's goal or the penalties.
I just had to wish the Brizzie well, and save it for our hotel bar.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
Tingles down my spine seeing that again...little Brighton getting to the Mill Stad! What a night!

Uncle Spielberg

Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely theres a mistake McGhee did not stand on the touchline with his arms folded when Virgo scored. Another urban myth shattered.

What a night!

It started with me unexpectedly bumping into the young Miss Bracknell 10 minutes before kick-off. She'd travelled from FIJI for the game, and NOBODY had told me she was coming.

And it ended with me being kissed on the pitch by a real Lord B ... Steve Bassam.

Jimmy Grimble

Nov 10, 2007
Starting a revolution from my bed
I was on holiday at the time :( ended up watching it in some Spanish pub with a load of Geordies. Still makes me shivver.

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
Best game at Withdean for me, though I didn't see a lot of the earlier games. Was an awful awful game but the way we nicked it after being abysmal was so good.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Wonderful memories. The resounding THWACK when their last penalty hits the post is fantastic.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Happy Days! :albion2:

I still think Virgs' penalty is going miles over the bar!

Love it when McGhee starts jogging across the pitch, sees all the fans, and then the look of sheer panic on face as he tries to out sprint them all :D

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
We were with the Match Ball sponsors, I have some fantastic photos after, in the hostility lounge, with MM, Virgs, Piercy, BB, loads of them. just a great night, dont think we left there till well after midnight. :clap2:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And just for good measure, Mooney has a STORMER that afternoon...
[yt]vKBAj1Hkxo4[/yt]

..for us, anyway

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here