Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news re Falmer Banners

Lush

Mods' Pet
(as sticky thread above)

I have just picked up some banners. They are made of lovely lightweight plastic-y stuff.

When rolled up nicely they are of a size that you could stuff into a rucksack. It's like carrying a poster from Athena. I could carry about eight in a couple of carrier bags if I had to.

If the Giant Flag is ...say...Everest, the Falmer poster is a flea living on Everest.

You could tuck one under an arm and take them on a coach, a train or pop one under the seat of a car.

We are advised not to put them up until 2.30pm anyway, so it won't interfere with pub visiting.

So - basically the message is that as long as you can collect them from Henfield, it is a piece of piss to take to the ground.

Check if we still need one in your block and sign up now!!!!!

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
How big are the holes for putting the string through?

Don't want to be caught with a large hawser that won't fit!

Which actually reminds me that the last time I tried to take a rope into a football match (at the Goldstone), I was refused entry by a steward, coz he thought I was going to tie someone up!

You'd have thought he would have been more concerned about me krabs!! :ohmy:

For the uninitiated, I'd been rock-climbing, and hadn't had time to drop my gear at home. And I arrived on a motorbike, so didn't have anywhere else to leave my rucksack.

We're still looking for volunteers with seats in the following Blocks:-

M2 -

M6 -
M7 -
M8 -
M9 -

M31 -

M34 -
M35 -

N4 -

U1 -
U2 -

U31 -
U32 -
U33 -

U35 -

U37 -
U38 -

sully

Dunscouting
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Is there anything that Paul ever overlooks?

What an absolute star.

I presume he's even checked the length required in order to tie a secure clove hitch around the barriers, so that we won't have too much dangly string left over?

How can we go wrong with people like this looking after our interests?

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Make sure you use good reff knots or you'll never be able to untie them.

Print, Print, Print, Print, Print, Sew, Sew, Sew, Sew, Sew, Punch, Punch, Punch, Punch, Stitch, Stitch, Stitch, Stitch, Stitch,

jmc

Jul 11, 2003
Portslade
Lush said:

If the Giant Flag is ...say...Everest, the Falmer poster is a flea living on Everest.

Everest has fleas? Well he aint getting on the coach until we've delouced him then!

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
You can always get some cheap bungee cords (less than 3 quid for 2). Dead easy, real fast for putting up and taking down.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Re: Re: Good news re Falmer Banners

jmc said:
Everest has fleas? Well he aint getting on the coach until we've delouced him then!
I'd already done that one on the sticky thread. :nono: :(

Shankly Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Littlehampton
Result - Paul had already tied lengths of string onto mine...

Fair play fella!:clap:

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
sully said:
the last time I tried to take a rope into a football match (at the Goldstone), I was refused entry by a steward, coz he thought I was going to tie someone up!

You'd have thought he would have been more concerned about me krabs!!

In all the years I used to go to the Goldstone, I was never once asked by a steward about my sexual health.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here