Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news for the albion..

brunswick

Aug 13, 2004
dan harding said the same to me the day before he left......lets wait....pleasing 7 year olds who idolise you is not always true reality.

peterward

NSC Patron
Nov 11, 2009
Promoted Norwich offer Albion 3 million and Bennett treble wages with Prem football or stay here and stick to promise made to 7 year old kid.

Hmmmmmm difficult one that

Lets hope nobody currently more successful comes in for him, hoping (selfishly) Norwich don't go up.

mcshane in the 79th

Nov 4, 2005
Bit of a non-story unfortunately, he's never going to say anything other than "yes I'm staying" with games left to play this season and also at a kids party

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
he is hardly going to say he is off at a kids day out..........imagine the tears

Be quite funny if he did you have to admit, character building for the kids too :lolol:

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
he is hardly going to say he is off at a kids day out..........imagine the tears

I'm sure forever a seagull would have fought them back.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Am I the only one who thinks that Norwich being promoted to the Premiership, would make them signing Bennett LESS LIKELY?

Marc1901

Peace out.
Apr 26, 2009
The Championship.
Am I the only one who thinks that Norwich being promoted to the Premiership, would make them signing Bennett LESS LIKELY?

No not at all. Benno is a young player and can further his career. If he steps up to the Premiership then he would have the best facilities around the make him a much better player. Not forgetting the wages.

Betfair Bozo

Jul 24, 2007

I understand your viewpoint, HKFC, there is the possibility that they would have different targets were they a Prem club. However, I think (only think mind) that Championship Norwich don't have the financial muscle to find the funds needed to sign Benno, but Prem Norwich would have. After all, we were surprised the final bid in Jan was less than £1m weren't we? Clearly they would offer bigger wages but presumably EB's contract with us will be renegotiated with us promoted and I'd be surprised if they came up with the type of transfer figure that would force TB's hand. Only slight concern would be whether there was a sort of agreement that they would allow EB to speak to interested parties in return for his efforts from Jan to the end of the season. I can't really see why he would want to go to another Championship club anyway unless our wage structure is very limited. Apart from anything else, there is little chance of worrying when your wage will turn up with TB in situe, even Championship Coventry's players experienced that particular concern this season.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi

You are absolutely right, their purchasing power would be 10fold if they are promoted and good player that Bennett is, I don't think he will be ready for prem for a couple of seasons. Thats not to say top end championship clubs won't be sniffing round

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here