Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good News/Bad News - Help Wanted!

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Fresh! My boss has just said he's giving me a pay rise on the 1st November due to all my hard work in the last 6 months. On the down side, he's told me to stop using the internet. Well, bollocks to that - that's all I can say.

Anyone know loads about Internet Explorer? I need to be able to erase everything I've looked at during the day at the end of my shift, so if he tries and checks my computer when I'm not at work, he won't find any sites that I've been to.

Your suggestions please!

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
Tools - Internet options - General - Clear History

Mr Fridge

Oct 13, 2004
does not clear it completely bob people with a little more in-depth knowledge will still be able to find it.

The easiest way of getting rid of the stuff, and this includes all other files that you may have on the computer is
start/programmes/accessories/system tools/disk clean up

Then when its analysed make sure all ones with temporary folders is ticked and let it clean-up. Be aware this, depending on how much is on the hard drive can take a few seconds to a few minutes.

If however your computer is networked then nothing you do on your access point is any good you will need access to the network server to irradicate all knowledge.

You will also need to dump the history as above.

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
Nah -- if you've got sophisticated IT people then clearing your history etc is pointless. They still know what you're up to.

I'd just use the extra money to get broadband at home, or something.

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
So if my computer is part of a network, the sites I visit are automatically stored on other computers? Please excuse my naievity on this subject...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
it depends if there is a snooper software installed on your company's Internet Server.

Most of them have...although very few people realise this. ( one of the benefits(?) of working in DR, you get to find this sort of thing out)

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Since my company won't even shell out to upgrade me from Windows 95, I think its doubtful they'd have anything too complex to check up on me. There's no IT dept or anything...

D'Angelo Saxon

SW19ULLS
Jul 30, 2004
SW19
Thats probably it. Oh well, I'll give it a few weeks just deleting my history and see how I get on. If I've still got the pay rise in a couple of weeks, I'll know its working!

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
can someone tell me how to delete my temporary internet files as i always get bollocked on that. i know how to do it through the tools options bit but this seems to take ages or ends up crashing my pc.

there is a back way isn't there?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
your wasting your time, it will all still show in the logs.

What you need to be is the person who checks the logs....it rules :lolol:

caz99

Jun 2, 2004
Sompting
Marshy said:
your wasting your time, it will all still show in the logs.

What you need to be is the person who checks the logs....it rules :lolol:

yes but like when i had a new pc and he was installing stuff he saw all the files on my pc it might help my cause slightly

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here