Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Good news at last...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
Yes, THEIR investment, they will be equity holders in it, we will not! :shootself
Eh?

The Stadium will be owned by a stadium company that may well include partners like the City Council - ie ordinary people will have a stake in it. It's a COMMUNITY STADIUM.

The Football Club will be tenants and will pay the Stadium Company rent.

Shares (in both companies) may well be offered to supporters, either individually or through a Supporters' Trust.

By all means, feel ripped off. But don't imagine that Albion supporters are going to sit back and say that we will never have a stake in either the Club or the Stadium.

Any return on the investment made by any of the existing directors is so far off that I'm certain that none of them are planning next year's summer holiday on the basis that it will be funded by a windfall payout from the Club.

As things have stood for the past few years, any "investment" in the Club has been indistinguishable from a gift - except that people often get thanked when they make a gift.

GUNTER

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton
I am looking forward to tomorrow. Our pre-Christmas Friday night fixture is now a tradition and I am looking forward to a 2-1 win with McGammon steak and Leon getting one each.

Parson Henry

Jan 6, 2004
Victor Bhanerjee's notebook
Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

Perry Milkins said:
Oh yes how foolish of me. Once the Albion are are healthy profitable institution they will cream off surplus resources and do a bunk to Sam Marino.

Its an investment in the future of our club.

Does anyone know this bloke Sam Marino?

WATF0RD ZERO

Jan 22, 2004
I think you are right wozza - i don't believe he has ever posted any suggestion as to what we should do, just whines constantly, so probably Palarse

binary

Oct 4, 2004
South East Guildford
attila said:
I would rather sell our best players and still have a club in a year's time.
I think we can stay afloat AND not go down. I am not watching 'sub standard football' I am watching the Albion, the team I love who have had 3 promotions in 4 years with no money and no ground. Bloody fantastic.
We ALL should be doing EVERYTHING we can - fans, board, united and together.
The only people who deserve our contempt and loathing are the NIMBYs, tree huggers and green welly toffs who seem to be actively trying to drag everything out as long as possible, bleed the club dry and destroy it.
We will never forget, or forgive, those people.

Mmm. If I look at the fixture list and in particular the last 6 home games I cannot see too many points if we keep playing like we are. So I am not as optimistic as you in avoiding relegation. We need to win as many games as we can in the next month otherwise the inevitable slide to League 1 will occur.

I understand the need to sell players who can generate a fee as we are deep in the shit financially but without more information from the board then we do not know how big the deficit is. Forget the balance on the £2m A&K fund how big is the REAL deficit in the P&L??

However you dress it up we are playing 'sub standard' football. I have supported the club for 30+ years and the football at present is as bad as the Gillingham days and a lot more expensive. Albion players are noted for their passion before their talent and I'm afraid a number are not showing enough passion at present when that is exactly what we need.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
binary said:
I understand the need to sell players who can generate a fee as we are deep in the shit financially but without more information from the board then we do not know how big the deficit is. Forget the balance on the £2m A&K fund how big is the REAL deficit in the P&L??

The debts will all be there in the accounts, but that is not necessarily the main issue. The bigger problem is our ability to finance ourselves through the next few months, until we get the planning permission, or put another way we need CASH.

The estimate of what we need is £2m, hence the A&K. Plenty of people on hear just whined about it as the club were supposedly "begging" for our "hard earned cash."

Yeah, sure, think what you will, but that the fact that we have only raised £250k, leaving us desperately short of £1.75m is exactly why money raised from Currie, Spurs match and possibly Cullip, doesn't get spent on the team.

The overall P&L is less relevant, it's problems with cashflow that puts company's out of business far more regularly and quickly than losses on the P&L.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
attila said:
I would rather sell our best players and still have a club in a year's time.
I think we can stay afloat AND not go down. I am not watching 'sub standard football' I am watching the Albion, the team I love who have had 3 promotions in 4 years with no money and no ground. Bloody fantastic.
We ALL should be doing EVERYTHING we can - fans, board, united and together.
The only people who deserve our contempt and loathing are the NIMBYs, tree huggers and green welly toffs who seem to be actively trying to drag everything out as long as possible, bleed the club dry and destroy it.
We will never forget, or forgive, those people.

Damn right Attila :clap:

Personally, I'm thoroughly enjoying the season, and the small squad means we are throwing a few more of the kids in, and that has been pretty good too. We've just been desperately in need of a physical presence up front, which as of today we may now have.

With Harding, Virgo, and Hinshelwood in and playing very well, while Hammond and Abd, are in and out, I've really enjoyed the exposure the kids have got. With Robinson and others on the fringe, the youth set-up is looking good, so don't despair at a few older faces leaving, as I think we have quality coming through.

Smile guys, things really have been much much darker than they are today. Driving to Hereford, or back from Canvey were very grim days.

3gulls

Banned
Jul 26, 2004
attila said:
Football as bad as in the Gillingham days?
WHAT???????????????????????????????????

I think his comment is justified if he is talking about the style of play. However, we do get better results now, but it is bloody boring.

Deportivo Seagull

I should coco
Jul 22, 2003
Mid Sussex
3gulls said:
I think his comment is justified if he is talking about the style of play. However, we do get better results now, but it is bloody boring.

Congratulations for one of the funniest posts of the year, were you pissed when we played at the pissfield? There is no comparison between the shite we played at the pissfield and the fooball we play now ... Now breath in ... breath out and relax.

Mind you if we don't get Falmer sorted, we will definitely be playing the standard of football you're obvioulsy willing to pay for.
:shootself

mr turd

Nov 22, 2004
READING
Re: Re: Re: Good news at last...

3gulls said:
The Board do not act as though they need to provide a team worthy of the ticket price. They think they can sell-out whatever shite is dished-up. They think we turn up every other week to make another charitable contribution to the Falmer fund. Unfortunately, many of us will.
:lolol: :lolol: :drink: boycott friday night:lolol:

Brixtaan

Jul 7, 2003
Border country.East Preston.
binary said:
However you dress it up we are playing 'sub standard' football. the football at present is as bad as the Gillingham days and a lot more expensive.

idiot

The Warrior

Dec 15, 2004
in the hardware shop
3gulls said:

Top prices no roof and poor quality football
i want entertainment and you dont get that at the withdean

And no I'm not a palace fan or a nimby but a long suffering season ticket holder

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
The Warrior said:
Top prices no roof and poor quality football
i want entertainment and you dont get that at the withdean

And no I'm not a palace fan or a nimby but a long suffering season ticket holder

Entertainment?

I have seen entertainment at Withdean. Leeds, Preston, Swindon, Plymouth QPR Sheff Wed Peterborough etc and that's in the last 16 months

No roof ? - that's no different from when I started watching the Albion 40 years ago

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
The warrior and the gerbil sound ideally suited.

If every Brighton fan said they'd only turn up to watch decent football with a great atmosphere we'd be f***ed. Imagine if it was said in the Gillingham days. The only people watching the games then would have been 2 linesmen, the ref, the managers and the subs. I goto Withdean to support my team, i've seen harder days than these and will never turn my back on the club no matter what happens.

3gulls said:
some blue plastic on view on matchdays.

:lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol: :lolol:

Obviously your boycott of Withdean started in 1999.

Another vote for Wozza's Palace fan theory here :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here