Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Good Morning? 4th in the table!

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Wins against Arsenal and Norwich would have put us equal on points with Chelsea.
That would have been special.

Brok

🦡
Dec 26, 2011
Defence has been immense. Bit lucky yesterday at times but 3rd most clean sheets this calendar year, 5 goals all season conceded with 1 being a penalty other clearly a foul and only 3 from open play.
Not saying we will win a league but goals win games defences win titles. Shame we are not doing the 1st enough yet.
Worst case we finish the day 6th.
2 free hits coming up. Both capable on there day of banging in 5.
Let’s enjoy it while it lasts.

Spurs have to win 7-0 to go above us though.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Wins against Arsenal and Norwich would have put us equal on points with Chelsea.
That would have been special.

Is a mere 4th in the Premier League table not special enough then? Blimey you are demanding down under!

End the season now l say, and let's see how little Brighton fare in the Champions League next year.

Silverhatch

Feb 23, 2009
Preston Park
We were sensational against City at the end of last season. We'll need our (absolutely best) first 11 to be sensational again to get anything from Liverpool or City, or Chelsea for that matter.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Yesterday I was hopeing Bentford could do Chelsea, because I figured Chelsea are the greater threat to our league position.

:facepalm:

And yet....

:lolol: :mad:

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
What with us being firmly and entirely seriously ensconced in the battle for the title I suppose that we can't call games against City and Liverpool 'free hits' anymore?

I'd say the next two games will show nothing about nothing as they are both capable of beating any team 5-0 on their day.

Also beat both of them last season and that didnt say much either... such is football.

I mean in the general context of the season as a whole. Of course we're not going to finish in the top 4 but generally after 10 games the table settles down. If they both hammer us which is very possible we could end up around 10th which is where I think we can be come end of season.

Brovion

In my defence, I was left unsupervised.
NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
What with us being firmly and entirely seriously ensconced in the battle for the title I suppose that we can't call games against City and Liverpool 'free hits' anymore?

Exactly. These are now 'must-win' games if we are serious about challenging for the title, or even getting the consolation prize of Champions' League football. Losing to our rivals like City or Liverpool is unthinkable, we simply HAVE to beat those teams.

What am I saying? Nurse!

GT49er

NSC Patron
Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
And will still be 4th now until next saturday. Cant see spurs winning 8-0 away to the saudis.

No we won't! We'll definately stay 4th. until Friday night, no guarantee after that - we might not be 4th. come Saturday morning. Still, I'll be happy staying in 4th. for another five days - any more is a bonus!

Last edited:

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
4th. We went up two places and we didn't even win! I never expected to see us 4th after a decent amount of games like this.

Liverpool are at Man Utd next week, so, after we've stuffed City and gone above them, we'll be playing Liverpool for 2nd place.....

Eddiespearritt

May 23, 2012
Central Europe
4th. We went up two places and we didn't even win! I never expected to see us 4th after a decent amount of games like this.

Liverpool are at Man Utd next week, so, after we've stuffed City and gone above them, we'll be playing Liverpool for 2nd place.....

Yeah right - when was the last time we beat City ?

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
The mad thing is that I am really disappointed we did not beat Arsenal and Norwich .

The rational, logical side of me says "we're fourth in the premier league, this is amazing especially when you reflect on how far we've come". But the emotional passionate side of me says "we should have beaten Arsenal, Palace, and Norwich and have 9 more points, wouldn't that be fantastic?". Makes me conflicted as feel both sides have merit.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here